ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pro Video Player alternative  (Read 12673 times)

StJohn Gill II

Pro Video Player alternative
« on: July 23, 2006, 09:11:58 PM »

Hey guys,

I just saw a program called Pro Video Player for mac that allows you network multiple computers and sync their output so you can stretch their output put across multiple projectors and whatnot.

I'm sure there is a windows alternative but i am not sure what it is.. Does anybody know what I should be looking for?

TIA

Leroy Dunning

Re: Pro Video Player alternative
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 11:08:52 AM »

I'm not familiar with Pro Video Player, but here are a couple ways I've heard of to get an image across multiple projectors, screens, monitors, etc.

Dataton Watchout system:
http://www.dataton.com/watchout

This is probably the closest thing to the Pro Video Player that I'm aware of.  You need one computer for each projector/display that you are using.  It lets you link images horizontally, vertically, whatever.  Not sure of it's limitations, but I believe it is over 100 units.

Also you could look at the Folsom Research Blend Pro:
http://video.folsom.com/products/?index=1068678244_3289

Not too sure of the particulars on this unit, but it takes up to 4 sources and works out the edge dissolves and stuff for doing wide images.  I don't think it looks after vertical blends though.

There are other units which are capable of doing this type of thing, but they are large format scalers, PIP, switchers, and everything else you could want.  Such as the Folsom Research Encore System or the Vista Systems products.  I'm not sure what kind of $ you're looking at dropping on this stuff.  But these units will hurt the bank account.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leroy

Karl P(eterson)

Re: Pro Video Player alternative
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 11:59:33 PM »

You have to be careful here - while PVP is a fantastic program (it really is), and I dare say would lay to waste any windows program trying to compete against it on the video playback field, it can only do that stretch/breakup/tile thing on the videos it is playing back - aka not cameras, powerpoint, or the dvd player.

To do multi screen image stretching and related video processing (aka PIP, Keys, MultiInput Fades) correctly you are really best off with a Vista spyder - but beware, they are 70000~80000$ for the first 4 screens or so, and go up from there.

But if you are just looking for a simple way to play videos - PVP has you covered, and at a good price too!

I would be very careful about running a serious video playback system on windows at all. We have had very sketchy success with it.  In my opinion PVP is just about the only good program to do video playback short of a full blown Pro Media Server. In some places I actually like PVP better even.

Karl P
TeamLeader.Technical Systems - CCH
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.