ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I/O's for the DM2000  (Read 1043 times)

jens mcvoy

I/O's for the DM2000
« on: July 09, 2006, 12:14:20 PM »

Does anyone out there have experience with the external I/O units (AD 824's) for the DM2000? I have two that appear blown up. They still power up, still exhibit apparent control of the mic pre's, and still show all normal functionality, but they don't pass gas. You plug a mic into every input and get nothing. Blown board? Of course they are already on their way back for service, but I just want to see in anyone else has had this problem.

Cheers
Jens McVoy
Audio Dept. Head
Wolf Trap National Park

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Re: I/O's for the DM2000
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 12:25:39 PM »

jens mcvoy wrote on Sun, 09 July 2006 12:14

Does anyone out there have experience with the external I/O units (AD 824's) for the DM2000? I have two that appear blown up. They still power up, still exhibit apparent control of the mic pre's, and still show all normal functionality, but they don't pass gas. You plug a mic into every input and get nothing. Blown board? Of course they are already on their way back for service, but I just want to see in anyone else has had this problem.

Cheers
Jens, did you try moving them to different slots, or different MY cards before sending them back? Are all of the slots on the DM2k filled? Was there audio available at the insert out jack, which is after the mic pre? My only experience with that kind of problem involved an early DM2000 that had a PS problem. As with your problem, everything appeared to work, but there was no audio. Removing some of the cards, and thus lowering the draw on the PS was a temporary fix. Fortunately the shop was able to get me a new console before the show. AFAIK that problem was only in very early examples of the DM2k.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: I/O's for the DM2000
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 12:25:39 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.