ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: live recording with sc48 not using Pro tools LE, is it possible?  (Read 3501 times)

Airton Pereira

• The Knutz
live recording with sc48 not using Pro tools LE, is it possible?
« on: February 22, 2011, 09:29:43 PM »

Hi,

I will work on Rio de Janeiro´s Carnaval with a huge samba group containing 42 inputs. I´ll do monitors and the foh enginner asked for a Venue SC48 for him, so I thought of getting one too for easy things up and because of the small footprint. But I would be very happy to record the shows, because it´s a 3-day performance, and I could listen to the first one and make corrections to the following ones. With the limitations of PT LE (18 tracks only), I keep thinking, can I record all these inputs with the SC48? Perhaps a madi card or something?
Drummer and Sound Engineer for The Knutz.

Nitin Sidhu

• New Delhi, India.
Re: live recording with sc48 not using Pro tools LE, is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 04:25:37 AM »

Hi,

I will work on Rio de Janeiro´s Carnaval with a huge samba group containing 42 inputs. I´ll do monitors and the foh enginner asked for a Venue SC48 for him, so I thought of getting one too for easy things up and because of the small footprint. But I would be very happy to record the shows, because it´s a 3-day performance, and I could listen to the first one and make corrections to the following ones. With the limitations of PT LE (18 tracks only), I keep thinking, can I record all these inputs with the SC48? Perhaps a madi card or something?

You can record on any ASIO DAW, as long as PT is installed, as the drivers come with the PT installation. And I am not aware of any stand alone drivers.

SC48 does not support the MADI cards as far as i know, you will need the profile or D-show for this.

the 18 track limitation stays with SC48 irrespective of the recording software, as it is a FW bus and driver issue.

Regards,
Sidhu
My RTA is always flat.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: live recording with sc48 not using Pro tools LE, is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 04:25:37 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 25 queries.