ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iColour 3000  (Read 963 times)

StJohn Gill II

iColour 3000
« on: June 25, 2006, 10:06:29 pm »

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-iSOLUTION-iCOLOR-3000_W0QQitemZ74 23875229QQihZ016QQcategoryZ14984QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

This is a link to the item in e-bay but i will be buying direct from the actually store as I live in Melbourne.

Has anyone used these or similar fixtures? We will be using them for cyc lighting at church (permanent install) with full control (not the automatic crap it comes with.

Any thought? I can;t find very much info but I will probably go for a demo sometime this week. i'll post back if i do...

Ric Arnold

Re: iColour 3000
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 05:57:38 am »

Hi,
I've used the 4 colour version a few times.

They're not really suitable as Cyc lights due to the 3 (4) colour lamp mixing arrangement.
If what you are lighting is closer than a few metres to the light you'll see very obvious "rainbow" effects where the colours haven't blended together.
Also as they use Dicrhoic filters even a solid colour will have variations at the edges, and use of the shutters is definitely needed. Eg. a Full Blue has PINK colour edges with the dichroic filter. Red has YELLOW.

We ended up using them as either floor lights giving a colour silhouette on a cyc. ( downstage pointing back at dancers ), or Overhead to give some colour washes.

Issues:
The have a lot of light bleed from the rear of the unit, so require the rear to be pointed offstage.

They have noisy fans to cool the lamps down. The fans are on all the time, not controllable.

On the ones we had the DMX dip switch settings don't match the paperwork that came with them, and once worked out, using a lighting controller didn't give the variation that their standalone controller did (does). I've not bothered to find out why, but I believe that the controller sends out a DMX variant top drive the units differently.

But saying all that, they are handy things in some situations where simple colour washing is required.

cheers,
Ric Arnold
Theatre Technican
Werribee, Victoria Australia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.