ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lighting for a circus  (Read 1373 times)

jim sheldon

Lighting for a circus
« on: June 09, 2006, 07:11:36 PM »

I am designing a traveling lighting rig for a circus and have hit a wall as far as design ideas.  The buyer has a fair budget 200+k and wants the setup to be a no brainer.  They already have a truss structure that is 60X30X35.  They want some Gee-Wizz lighitng so I am going to put in some wigglys but as far as the general wash im kind of stuck on how to correctly illuminate a 3D area without covering the entire structure in fixtures.  If anyone has any experience or ideas on the subject it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Bobby Welliver

Re: Lighting for a circus
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 11:45:18 AM »

Jim,

I have done installs of this nature before, they are fairly straight forward for the most part. There are many different types of wash lights on the market, some hold a tighter package and some of them incorporate a wider wash with less impact.

I will send you a pm with my contact information, shoot me an e-mail back and I will get into details about your options.

Bobby
Bobby Welliver - ESC
welliver915@charter.net
http://www.entsyscorp.com
1-800-582-2421 Toll Free

Felix Truong

Re: Lighting for a circus
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 04:41:24 PM »

How far is the throw?  I would look toward the Martin MAC 2000 series profile & washes.  They put out a cool 23,000 lumens and 30,000 lumens.  CMY color mixing.  You'll need less fixtures that way.

Tell me more what you need and I'll get further into details.  And don't forget lighting programming.  You can have a bunch of intelligents but without a good arrangement and program, it'll still look like crap.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.