ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: corner loading 4 labs rather than 2 ?  (Read 6901 times)

robwells

Re: corner loading 4 labs rather than 2 ?
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2006, 06:14:17 PM »

Brian J. Troup Jr. wrote on Tue, 27 June 2006 16:01

I would state an educated opinion that sealed enclosures have proven themselves in theater applications when dealing with small space architechure, perhaps steering away from the horn loaded subwoofers may best suit your needs for low end response. A properly aligned cluster of sealed 15's should easily reach your 122 db output goal with a very reasonable chance of serious low end response, provided all the obvious steps are taken to allow this to happen.

Good luck,
Brian

Hi Brian,

3 adire audio tempests (15" in 220L enclosure per driver sealed)
did the spl levels I needed but sounded poor in the 40-80Hz region. Crossing them lower to my 2x10" per side main speakers gave much better quality, but then the system couldn't do home theater levels. Thats why I built the labhorns-  they easily match / better the quality of my mains and can't be pushed to their limits in my room.

If sealed boxes had the quality I wanted then I'd still have them. I haven't gone through the hassle of cutting and building the labhorns for nothing - If they were worse than my old sealed 15's then I wouldn't use them.

Sometimes it's not just about hitting the spl's..

Rob.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 21 queries.