ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Too much to ask? A&H GL4800  (Read 7942 times)

Toby Mills

• http://www.np.co.nz
Re: Too much to ask? A&H GL4800
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 11:45:05 PM »

Consider yourself lucky.
If I want something demo'd I would have to travel at least 3000km to Australia, or sometimes even further to the US or Asia.

I've learnt to read spec's very well and to do a lot of research before buying.

We recently spent $60k on a console sight unseen and its exactly as we expected it. All our FOH boxes were bought unheard and based on extensive reviews and research (more than a year or research and comparison).

Its possible to get everything you need to make very large and successful equipment purchases having never seen or heard the equipment.
In some ways its even better as it makes you anal about doing the research and finding out absolutely everything you can about equipment before you sign the cheque.

It also lowers the risk of getting sucked into marketing or salesman hype.

Interestingly enough, nearly all the equipment we have bought has ended up not being the standard stuff that everyone else seems to go for. We have the luxury of this because we operate in a non-competive and very isolated area. I think this says a lot about marketing and the sales tactics of a lot of the big name brands.

Incidentally, all our consoles are A&H though so I'd highly recommend the GL4.

noise productions ltd
www.np.co.nz
"can you please turn down the shit knob"

Davide_Bonetti

Re: Too much to ask? A&H GL4800
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 07:57:41 AM »

hey Scott, I am sorry I see your post only now. I own a GL4000, and absolutely love it... unluckily it is starting to show its age, and I would change it only for a GL4800.

for what I understand, the boards are identical, except for new designed electronics inside and the possibility of dual power supply (without external combiner) on the GL4800.

I think no other board in that price range offers the same routing possibilities and all the features in general.

We also own a Midas Verona, but I never feel at home when working with it... how come that I have to talkback on ALL aux busses at once?  Mad
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.