ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yorkville Unity Sub UCS1P (non tech reveiew)  (Read 5688 times)

Randy Frierson

Yorkville Unity Sub UCS1P (non tech reveiew)
« on: May 30, 2008, 02:01:05 PM »

Just got 4 to replace 4 SB850 subs..I really can't say how they compare as the 850 subs were gone when i took over the venue but from my first impressions they are very nice..2 per side at moderate levels are keeping up with the 4 850's..Build quality is excellent and sonically they sound like subs nice and tight and punchy, seem to extend low enough..for their price and feature sets I think they are a great buy..I pushed them into limit and they filled the venue w enough sub material and no nastiness...Nice job Yorkville   R

Phillip_Graham

Re: Yorkville Unity Sub UCS1P (non tech reveiew)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 05:37:04 PM »

Randy Frierson wrote on Fri, 30 May 2008 14:01

Just got 4 to replace 4 SB850 subs..I really can't say how they compare as the 850 subs were gone when i took over the venue but from my first impressions they are very nice..2 per side at moderate levels are keeping up with the 4 850's..Build quality is excellent and sonically they sound like subs nice and tight and punchy, seem to extend low enough..for their price and feature sets I think they are a great buy..I pushed them into limit and they filled the venue w enough sub material and no nastiness...Nice job Yorkville   R

Glad you like the yorkies Randy.  I can say from personal experience the SB850 is a pretty lousy sub.  Its especially glaring next to its big brother SB1000.

I rarely (maybe 3-4 posts, ever) have commented on lackluster gear, but the SB850 would be something I would consider writing a negative opinion on.

Figure 1.5 SB850 per top, at a minimum, if you have to set up a rig based on them.  At least 2x subs/top for your dance-type stuff.

Matt Vivlamore

• http://www.meerkatsound.com
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 04:15:57 PM »

Randy,

How big of a venue was it?

What tops are you running with the UCS1Ps?

Find us on the web at: meerkatsound.com

I'm using: EV QRx212 over JBL SRX718s(2) with Crown IT's and MRX512m & MRX525 on monitors with XTi's; all controlled by Yamaha LS9-32.  I have a bunch of other stuff too.

Tim McCulloch

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 04:21:05 PM »

See his original post.
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

Matt Vivlamore

• http://www.meerkatsound.com
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 05:54:24 PM »

I see tops are also 850s, i reread it and I was getting confused with the 850s being both SB and KF.

but how big is the room?
Find us on the web at: meerkatsound.com

I'm using: EV QRx212 over JBL SRX718s(2) with Crown IT's and MRX512m & MRX525 on monitors with XTi's; all controlled by Yamaha LS9-32.  I have a bunch of other stuff too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.