ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plasma stands  (Read 2678 times)

Joshua McLaughlin

Plasma stands
« on: June 02, 2006, 11:01:17 am »

I’m displeased with my plasma screen stands at the moment and I’m researching out what may be the best options.

What have you guys tested and what did you find works the best?

Many times I find myself on unleveled ground like a parking lot. I need something that can stand up to this. Any ideas?

Thanks

John P Farrell

• http://www.middlehouse.com
Re: Plasma stands
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 03:04:03 am »

I am going to assume that you have the standard plasma stands with 2 poles and a large, low profile metal plate underneath.  I have run into the same situation a few times and in a worst case scenario have used 2 9 foot Ultimate Support stands instead of the supplied poles.  I know this is less than ideal and makes for a much larger footprint, but it does allow for leveling capability as well as more stability on uneven ground.  

Hope this helps,

John Farrell
Middlehouse Sound, Inc.
www.middlehouse.com

Bobby Welliver

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 09:34:14 am »

How many plasma's are you using? I use two at the very minimum and use a regular overhead trussing system and it works perferctly for me.

If you go this route, you need to make sure both of your stands have a leveling leg built into them, this allows for you to work on most uneven terrain with no problem.

I use to use regular single stands for these, after one person was pushed into it and it hit the ground, that changed quickly.

Bobby
Bobby Welliver - ESC
welliver915@charter.net
http://www.entsyscorp.com
1-800-582-2421 Toll Free

Joshua McLaughlin

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 01:31:29 pm »

Bobby Welliver wrote on Tue, 06 June 2006 09:34

How many plasma's are you using? I use two at the very minimum and use a regular overhead trussing system and it works perferctly for me.
Bobby

Most of the time I use 2 but have used up to 6. Many times I'll need to setup in a hotel or conference room so I'm not sure if a trussing is right for me.

I need to just quit looking for an all in 1 solution for this problem. One stand doesn’t seem to solve all setups types.

Thanks again Bobby. Nice to find people who post in Pro AV.

Bobby Welliver

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 07:40:16 pm »

I have used my setups for many years in the same types of places you are and trussing has always worked out for me.

I use several different types of stands, some of them use alot wider foot spread for when I need added support and some of them are not so wide for use when I need the floor space.

My smallest rig is a 10' section of box truss with two Quik lok STS-13 crank stands, I also have two 9' stands as well for lower ceilings, they start off lower than the 13 footers.

Bobby
Bobby Welliver - ESC
welliver915@charter.net
1-800-582-2421 Toll Free

Joshua McLaughlin

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 08:46:14 am »

Thanks Bobby.

Do you have any photos on your computer you can shear? I'd like to show my boss this setup.

If not, no big deal. Thanks again for the info.

Bobby Welliver

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 06:34:38 pm »

I wish I did, but one of my dj's has my camera that has that set of pics on it. I am not sure if you can find them online, but my setup looks alot like Pioneer's trussing rig for their plasma's that they use for the Namm show etc.

The only exception is that their truss is fixed and mine is not.

Bobby
Bobby Welliver - ESC
welliver915@charter.net
1-800-582-2421 Toll Free
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.