ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Crown XTi 4000  (Read 39144 times)

Kit Hannah

• http://www.hannahmedia.com
Re: Crown XTi 4000
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 05:26:41 PM »

Speaking of the XTi 4000, has anybody ever made a comparison between it and a Powerlight 2 PL236? I know there is processed version with the PL236, but as far as overall quality of sound goes, is there much of a difference? We'll be upgrading from our Microtechs, and we want something that is going to be both lighter weight and less current draw. Any help would be appreciated.
You'll never know what I have for sale until you look in the classifieds Smile

Kit Hannah
Hannah Media
Fresno, CA
Cell (559) 930-2551

Adam Mottley

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 07:29:11 PM »

Brian,

Sorry about the delay responding. Things have been, shall we say, "fluid" around here of late.

To tell the truth, I've been waiting on the release of the software, but it looks like the software release may be running behind schedule.

So far, the XTi4000's I have have been used either powering wedges or powering the LMF bandpass of my FOH system. On 8ohm wedges, the XTi4000 does a good job powering one wedge per channel. Run in stereo mode, the XTi4000 did not impress me as much powering the 8ohm LMF bandpass of my FOH, but as I said in my previous post, I had reservations about comparing it to the MA3600 that is usually used in that role. Given that the MA3600 has nearly 2x the output power of the XTi4000 when driving 8ohm loads, it didn't come as much of a surprise.

This weekend, I am going to power a pair of 2x18" 4ohm subs with a pair of XTi4000's, with each amp bridged into a single enclosure. Sunday morning I'll post what I hear (or, hopefully, feel).

Adam
"Why do you call this research ? I thought you were trying to find something new."

A quote from an unknown engineer

Brian J. Troup Jr.

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 04:26:44 PM »

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your review so far. That is kind of what I was expecting to hear. I am not so sure that even 2 of these amps can keep up with a Mac3600 on subs. It will be interesting to hear your results. But your reveiw certainly does help me as I am still considering these for my monitor racks. I will await your review on sub duty before I consider them for a install that needs subs and LMH amps. I hope they can get the software up and going at somepoint. It sure would increase my profitability on this install if these amps can do what they claim, at least within reason.

Thanks again Adam!
Good luck on Sunday!

Brian Troup

Gerald Wonch

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2006, 01:37:47 PM »

We now have 14 in our inventory, and I am waiting on the next shipment.  We power a JBL SRX 728 in bridge sub mode and I can tell you the low end is unbelievable.  We use these amps on everything now.  Bi amp, Passive, these amps are workhorses, and at 17lbs. much easier on the fuel bill.
Gerald Wonch
www.emceeaudio.com

John Horvath

• http://www.alanproaudio.com
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 03:31:52 PM »

Adam Mottley wrote on Thu, 29 June 2006 11:14

I'll be using EV QRx 218s enclosures. I have run the MA3600's bridged, one per cab..

Why?

Adam Mottley wrote

This weekend, I am going to power a pair of 2x18" 4ohm subs with a pair of XTi4000's, with each amp bridged into a single enclosure.

Again, why?
-John

Alan Pro Audio
219-769-3600

Adam Mottley

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2006, 05:32:45 PM »

Brian,

I was unable to do the XTi's bridged this weekend due to various time constraints at the venue. Hopefully, I'll get to it this coming weekend.

Adam
"Why do you call this research ? I thought you were trying to find something new."

Adam Mottley

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2006, 05:44:05 PM »

John Horvath wrote on Mon, 31 July 2006 14:31

Adam Mottley wrote on Thu, 29 June 2006 11:14

I'll be using EV QRx 218s enclosures. I have run the MA3600's bridged, one per cab..

Why?

Adam Mottley wrote

This weekend, I am going to power a pair of 2x18" 4ohm subs with a pair of XTi4000's, with each amp bridged into a single enclosure.

Again, why?

John,

It is simply a matter of having the gear available & wanting to experiment with various configurations to see what works best within my rig.

In the case of the MA's, bridging the amps was not worth the hassle, A/C-wise. As far as the XTi's go, it again is a matter of experimentation, as the amps purchased are destined for monitor world. Honestly, I am, for the most part, happy with the performance of the MA3600's run in stereo, one sub per channel, but have often wondered if a pair of low current draw amps, bridged, would be something that would enhance the performance of the system.

In essence, if I don't try, I'll never know, one way or the other.

Adam

Brian J. Troup Jr.

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2006, 11:33:31 AM »

Hi Adam,

Just wondering how you made out using these amps on Sub duty! I hope all is well.
Thanks,
Brian

Gerald Wonch

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2006, 08:02:40 PM »

New ones are in...........
Go to the website and click on pics.
www.emceeaudio.com
Gerald Wonch
www.emceeaudio.com

scott foster

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2006, 02:12:30 PM »

Seems to be a little bit of buzz starting on the Crown forums regarding issues with XTi's.  Mostly signal level display related weirdness but also some channel dropouts/distortion with suspicions of flakey pots.  Have you seen any problems with your lot?  The one 4000 I own has hiccuped a couple of times but I must test further before commenting.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 5.434 seconds with 19 queries.