ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: single 15" horn loaded designs?  (Read 9202 times)

Alan Sielbeck

Re: single 15" horn loaded designs?
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 05:31:31 PM »

Jeff (or any Titan user),

How much power are you running to your Titan, and do you have any idea the SPL you're getting with them clustered in the sub frequency range?  I'm really struggling trying to decide to go with the labs vs. the Titans.  I would love to have that extra bump at 35 cycles, but at 2.5x the weight, and 2x the size I just don't know.  I'm not terribly concerned about build difficult as I know my way around a shop.  I would likely build 4 of either cabinet - If I went labs I'd likely use a PL6, don't know what the Titans would take, but I feel like the PL6 could eat 4 of them for breakfast.  I did notice the 4015 driver has more power handling, but the specs aren't identical to the 3015 - does it differ enough to affect the overall sound materially?  Here are a couple links if anyone wants to chime in.

http://www.usspeaker.com/definimax4015lf-1.htm
http://www.usspeaker.com/Kappa%20Lite-3015lf-1.htm

Thanks for any input

Les Webb

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 09:51:48 PM »

Tuba 36 goes lower than the titan 48 and it is definately a noticeable difference.  A Tuba 36 24" wide is not quite as loud as a Titan above 40hz but below 40hz the Tuba shows it's stuff.  Tubas and Titans should not be used in singles, especially the slim versions.  

I have Titan 48's and Tuba 36's right now in shop.  Four Tuba 36 slims in a block are formadable indeed.  Titans are just as formadable, but operate in different ranges.

If your music contains a lot of material below 40hz, I would go with Tubas.  If above 40hz go with Titans.

Les

EDIT

A PL6.0 is the best amp I have used for Tubas. Run in parallel four can be run off one side of the amp.

Bill Fitzmaurice Authorized Builder

Alan Sielbeck

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2007, 06:04:52 AM »

Hmm...  Looking at the 4-cluster comparisons, it didn't look like there was much difference in the low end-  It really looks like they become very similar in that range.  Perhaps the paper measurements are not quite reality.

On that note, I started the build process tonight on the Titan 48s.  Thanks for the input thus far.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 21 queries.