ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is this digital board?  (Read 13185 times)

(Brian) Frost

Where is this digital board?
« on: May 26, 2006, 01:23:38 PM »

Where is the smaller version of the tt24 which fits in the top of a rack?  Where is the digital replacement for the 1604 or the mix wiz.  I think the o1v96 is close but still only 12 preamps and not enough additional analog outputs. I dont want to add a bunch of lightpipe inputs (that would be fine to go over 16 tracks but I want the first 16 built in).  I think these additions at the o1v price point would sell really well.

Frost

Owner, Narnia Productions

www.NarniaProductions.com

Chicago IL

Good is good but not as good as better

Dan Brown

• http://www.reachcomm.net
Re: Where is this digital board?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 01:53:22 PM »

Well, technically the 01V96 has 16 built in preamps of which only 12 are "mic" preamps.

I think you may be picking at a little point.  get some 8ch. ADAT preamps and call it good.

sincerely,
db

[edit - spelling]

Ken Freeman

Re: Where is this digital board: DM-1000?
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 02:29:13 PM »

Step up to XLR I/O and get the DM-1000....well worth it.  These have replaced everything in my shop below 24 channels when you add an 8 channel mic pre-amp.

Ken

(Brian) Frost

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 02:13:21 AM »

The o1v feels like a kluge solution to get the number of inputs and outputs that even a mix wizard has.  I think I woud be pissed when the digital mix wiz or tt16 or the better yamaha solution comes out. The dm1k doesnt exactly fit into the top of a rack.  

I have big boards where I need them, Im looking for a digital 1604 with enough I/O built in.

Frost

Owner, Narnia Productions

www.NarniaProductions.com

Chicago IL

Good is good but not as good as better

Clarke LaPlante

• http://www.clarkelaplante.com
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 03:10:40 AM »

(Brian) Frost wrote on Sat, 27 May 2006 02:13

The o1v feels like a kluge solution to get the number of inputs and outputs that even a mix wizard has.  I think I woud be pissed when the digital mix wiz or tt16 or the better yamaha solution comes out. The dm1k doesnt exactly fit into the top of a rack.  

I have big boards where I need them, Im looking for a digital 1604 with enough I/O built in.

I agree.  However, I remember when the 1604 only had 8 XLRs inputs.  The other eight were on separate box that you connected with a ribbon cable. Wink

Give it a bit of time.

-Clarke
"Friends don't let friends mix monitors."
My slice of the www.

Ken Freeman

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 03:17:47 AM »

(Brian) Frost wrote on Fri, 26 May 2006 23:13

So Brian, what are you after?  

A price point, a feature set, a size limit or?

Ken

Douglas R. Allen

• http://-
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 06:56:34 AM »

[quote title=(Brian) Frost wrote on Fri, 26 May 2006 13:23]Where is the smaller version of the tt24 which fits in the top of a rack?  Where is the digital replacement for the 1604 or the mix wiz.  I think the o1v96 is close but still only 12 preamps and not enough additional analog outputs. I dont want to add a bunch of lightpipe inputs (that would be fine to go over 16 tracks but I want the first 16 built in).  I think these additions at the o1v price point would sell really well.

http://www.tascam.com/Products/dm3200.html
I run a Yamaha 01V96 and like it allot but the above does look close to what you are looking for. Add a card for more aux sends. Around 3 grand. Although it won't fit in a rack. Still close.

Douglas R. Allen
Allen Audio

"The worst thing is."
"You can't teach common sense."

Douglas Johnson

• http://www.timberwoodsound.com
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 09:22:46 AM »

Brian,

Do you really need 16 mic pre's?  With the line level inputs the 01v96 is a 16 channel board. Normally with my 1604 at least two or three inputs were used for CD/tape and effects. Any thing over 12 or 13 stage inputs usually gots bumped up to 20 or 24 channels.
One "work around" with the 01v96 would be to add four channels of wireless, input into the four line level channels, 16 mic inputs.  
If are going to mount it in a rack, adding an 8 in/out external digital pre should really be a non-issue as everything can remain connected.  With 20 mic inputs, 4 line inputs, 14 outputs, etc. its hard to beat, even if someone added 4 more onboard pres.
doug j.

Kent Clasen

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 09:40:54 AM »

doug johnson wrote on Sat, 27 May 2006 14:22

Brian,

With 20 mic inputs, 4 line inputs, 14 outputs, etc. its hard to beat, even if someone added 4 more onboard pres.
doug j.

I agree, there is nothing kluge about it, it is called expandable/scaleable. It can control up to 32 inputs, they just give you 16 to start with.  All of the above for about $2500! Plus the rack mount kit  Shocked   8 auxes, mute groups, 8 busses, 4 band eq and compressor on all ins/outs, 2 stereo efx...BTW don't alot of other surfaces use external preamp boxes...?!
Kent Clasen
MSM Systems
Design & Installation

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 10:41:28 AM »

There is always going to be something better over the horizon. Do you have requirements you need to fill now? If adding an ADA8000 to the built in ADAT interface of an 01v96 to get 20 mic pres, 2 stereo line ins, 8 groups, 8 aux, 12 balanced outs, fully parametric eq on all inputs and mix buses, delay on all the mix buses, and all the comps and gates you will need, is a kluge, what must you think of a MixWiz or Mackie 1604 once you lash up all that outboard gear. And you still don't get the eq and mix buses. As far as the DM1000 not fitting in a rack, yes it is 2" deeper than an 01v96, build the rack 2" deeper.

The idea is for products to improve as time moves forward. I think the 01v96 is a major improvement on a 1604.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 10:41:28 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.