ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: APB Dynasonics Spectra-T - Show Report  (Read 199614 times)

Chuck Augustowski

Re: APB Dynasonics Spectra-T - Show Report
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2006, 12:07:55 PM »

I really wish we could give birth to all of our APB console plans at one time.  At this time Spectra-M is just the code name for this 2007 product as it is still going through its definitions.  We welcome any and all suggestions to what this and any other product should be, but it appears that there will be EQ on at lease some of the outputs as Teri is requesting.

Chuck Augustowski
APB-DynaSonics

Brad Snow

« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2006, 08:58:14 AM »

Having had consistent success with the APB team’s earlier efforts, it was a no-brainer to order a Spectra-T 40 & 4.  Now that it’s here, I am also as impressed with both its features and sonic quality as the rest of you.  While we are waiting for a proper case for it from R&R, we were able to take our GT-40 out of its case and drop the Spectra-T in to use it right away.  

The feel is that of a more modern and efficient analogue console, packed with useful features like sweepable HPFs and VCAs while not giving up valuable real estate to stuff not essential – like sub-groups.  While I’m in the group that passionately hates the single master fader knob since I often use left and right to feed entirely different things different levels, the alternate outs do make it possible to work around this one hurdle when necessary.  

Ditto on all the cool jack field features mentioned already, and flipping the jacks so one can get to the locks in such tight quarters definitely blew me away.  A very smart console from a very smart company!  Will probably order another one soon.          
Brad Snow
Director of Pro Audio
Snow Sound/HB Group

Michael 'Bink' Knowles

• http://www.binkster.net/index.shtml
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2006, 10:38:50 AM »

Quote:

...Ditto on all the cool jack field features mentioned already, and flipping the jacks so one can get to the locks in such tight quarters definitely blew me away...

I like the variable intensity LED labeled CV on each input that tells you how much all the VCA assignments on it are opened up--what the effective level adds up to.

-Bink
Michael 'Bink' Knowles
www.binkster.net

Chuck Augustowski

« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2006, 11:23:39 AM »

On a (near) future (and more expensive) console design, I am considering using seperate Left - Right - Center - Mono (subwoffer) faders with individual switches to have them still be able to follow a VCA Output Master fader.  This will require taking up more physical space but it should satisfy both camps - those wishing individual level control (now done on Spectra using the alternate outputs) and those wishing a single master fader to maintain an absolute balanced between their left/Right/Center/Mono(Subs)and doing their speaker level balance within their speaker processing electronics (As Spectra now does).

Chuck Augustowski
APB-DynaSonics

Tom Young

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2006, 12:05:52 PM »

While I appreciate Brad's (and others') preference for separate output faders, I harken back to why I recommended (very strongly) to Chuck that these buses be on a single VCA fader: my concern that overzealous and un-technically oriented mixers would corrupt the balance that had been very intentionally achieved between subs and upper-range ldspkrs in a painstakingly optimized system with aux-fed subs.

Bearing in mind that the clientelle I serve is balanced somewhere between secular performance spaces and HOW, the majority of these users do not necessarily understand why upsetting this (crossover) balance is something to avoid. In my experience; screwing around with this without understanding what is occuring to the acoustic crossover is potentionally far more destructuve than simply using liberal channel-strip EQ tweaks and other user-adjustable processing functions.

I respect the reality that many folks here on LAB *and* in the trenches do understand all this (and may chose to not follow the restraint that I do) OR that some folks may simply not subscribe to the concept of aux fed subs.  Therefore perhaps it will be a good thing to design a future product that allows either method/functionality. If this is developed further I would prefer to have some method to maintain crossover balance as Chuck has proposed.

Brad -

just out of curiosity, why can't you achieve (the same) alternate mixes via matrix buses or aux buses ?  Or is it an issue of the quantities of alternate mixes that you need ?
Tom Young
Electroacoustic Design Services
Oxford CT
Tel: 203.888.6217
Email: dbspl@earthlink.net
www.dbspl.com

Steve Shafer

John & Chuck can you comment??
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2006, 01:30:09 AM »

I have heard that your team designed the Crest XR series mixers prior to leaving Crest/Peavey. If true to you plan to do a newer APB version of what is all ready an excellent versatile rack mount mixer??

While many on this road test column would not be excited by such a small board/desk, it sure would spark my interest and loosen my wallet Smile

Stevesb

Chuck Augustowski

Re: John & Chuck can you comment??
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2006, 02:06:06 AM »

There are many new product planned both above and below the category of Spectra. We are limited only by the engineering man hours that are available and the desires/needs of our customers.

What comes next (after MixSwitch - info of which will be on our web site in a few weeks - this is an accessory box that provides a means for backing up digital and analog consoles or used to switch between opening act consoles and the headlines console - though it does much more than this which will be useful to a number of people) is based upon the large number of request we are getting for additional products. Among these requests are requests for APB Rack Mount mixers of high quality, though the definitions are different that what we had done in our past.

I am currently on the road in the San Francisco area, and in addition to promoting the Spectra console, I am out here researching future products including Rack Mount Mixers.

Thanks for asking,

Chuck Augustowski
APB-DynaSonics

John Horvath

• http://www.alanproaudio.com
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2006, 05:08:19 PM »

Chuck, can you post MSRP and/or MAPP pricing for both the T & C series?

Thank you!
-John

Alan Pro Audio
219-769-3600

Chuck Augustowski

« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2006, 06:58:43 PM »

I would prefer NOT publishing our price list on this or any other web site.  We do not even do this on our own site as the pricing is different in every country into which we sell product.  You will see very few Pro Audio manufactures publish this type of information in this manner - (Sorry).

If you wish, since you are in Indiana, please contact our rep in that area, Carl Schwartz of Powerlines Marketing (847-475-4200) and he will be happy to provide you with pricing and purchase information, or contact me by PM and let me know specifically what size of console you are interested in and I will provide you with this information.

Chuck Augustowski
Sales/Product Manager
APB-DynaSonics, Inc.

John Horvath

• http://www.alanproaudio.com
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2006, 10:23:41 PM »

Thank you, Chuck!
-John

Alan Pro Audio
219-769-3600
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.