ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: APB Dynasonics Spectra-T - Show Report  (Read 200001 times)

John Petrucelli

• http://www.apb-dynasonics.com
Re: APB Dynasonics Spectra-T - Show Report
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2006, 04:33:32 PM »

Teri wrote:
"This console has more quality features than anything on the market in its price range. As Chuck told me, "We wanted to make a console that would allow production companies to make money." What a concept!"

Hey, wait a minute ... Chuck told us that we're building this Console so that WE could make some money ... Confused

John Petrucelli
APB-DynaSonics

Gian P. Portanova

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2006, 05:59:59 PM »

John Petrucelli wrote on Thu, 25 May 2006 16:33

Teri wrote:
"This console has more quality features than anything on the market in its price range. As Chuck told me, "We wanted to make a console that would allow production companies to make money." What a concept!"

Hey, wait a minute ... Chuck told us that we're building this Console so that WE could make some money ... Confused

WAIT...maybe everyone wins here!

JP, did you start making money yet?

Teri Hogan

« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2006, 08:20:21 PM »

This weekend I took the Spectra-T out for 3 days and used it as a monitor desk.  Very cool indeed.  Once I figured out that I needed to depress the 'pre-source' buttons to send signal to the stereo auxes, it went without a hitch and the musicians were very happy with what they got.

The functions are pretty much the same as working on my LM except for the LED ladders actually being more like meters, therefore, more useful than ever.  It was just so easy.  The cue functions are completely intuitive.  I used it both with a cue wedge and with headphones and it did exactly what I expected.  The talk-back feature also performs perfectly.  I found I couldn't turn up the gain on the talk-back more than "1".  It's pretty powerful.  I still haven't figured out how to use the on-board talk-back mic on the surface, though.

We're considering buying a large-frame Spectra-T and using it as a monitor desk for this season until Chuck and the boys get me a real monitor desk, so this was truly a test demonstration and it passes all my tests.

Scott Raymond

« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2006, 11:35:50 PM »

Teri wrote on Mon, 29 May 2006 19:20

I still haven't figured out how to use the on-board talk-back mic on the surface, though.

Turn off the XLR switch in the Talkback section?  Twisted Evil
Quote:

We're considering buying a large-frame Spectra-T and using it as a monitor desk for this season until Chuck and the boys get me a real monitor desk, so this was truly a test demonstration and it passes all my tests.

Let me quess, you need more auxs!  I just found time to look over the info.  They didn't miss a trick.  I like the mirror image XLR outputs.  Easy to get at all the latches.  And the power supplies snuggled into the channel modules.  Though that looks like it makes the smaller frame models heavier than some the 56 channel is just over 200 lbs.  A two person lift uncased.  I'm waiting for a block diagram on the website.  Helps me understand how it's all layed out.

Chuck Augustowski

« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2006, 03:07:51 PM »

First, thank you for all of the kind comments about our Spectra Consoles.

The Spectra weights (approx) are as follows (Not including road case - or packing materials):

Spectra-56P (56 Mono + 4 Stereo Inputs) with two Power Supplies = 210 lbs

Spectra-48P (48 Mono + 4 Stereo Inputs) with two Power Supplies = 185 lbs

Spectra-40P (40 Mono + 4 Stereo Inputs) with two Power Supplies = 165 lbs

Spectra-32P (32 Mono + 4 Stereo Inputs) with two Power Supplies = 145 lbs

Spectra-24 (24 Mono + 4 Stereo Inputs ) with ONE Power Supply = 125 lbs  (It will accept 2 power supplies but I do not have this weight).

Even though I show the Spectra-24 with one supply, we ALWAYS recommend redundant power supplies (regardless of brand of console)for back up as we believe in Murphy's Law. I would never think about doing a revenue producing (or Critical) gig without having backups for key parts of the system.  

On our web site www.apb-dynasonics.com, we give all sizes and weights of our Spectra Consoles including shipping boxes for domestic and export shipments.

Chuck Augustowski
Sales/Product Manager
APB-DynaSonics, Inc.

Michael 'Bink' Knowles

• http://www.binkster.net/index.shtml
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2006, 12:47:40 AM »

I like your thinking on redundancy. Could have used a Spectra-T at my show yesterday and today where a failed digital board got replaced with an aging Ramsa WR-S4424 with no matrix, few buses and very limited channel EQ...   Mad  

Thanks for showing me the console at NAMM in Anaheim. I keep thinking your design is where I'd like to be when flying analog. Someday I'll have the fortune to run across your desk in my travels. It'll be a good day.  Very Happy

-Bink
Michael 'Bink' Knowles
www.binkster.net

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2006, 11:06:48 AM »

Michael 'Bink' Knowles wrote on Thu, 01 June 2006 00:47

Could have used a Spectra-T at my show yesterday and today where a failed digital board got replaced with an aging Ramsa WR-S4424
OK Bink, spit it out. What happened?  Rolling Eyes

Mac

Michael 'Bink' Knowles

• http://www.binkster.net/index.shtml
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2006, 12:11:47 PM »

Quote:

OK Bink, spit it out. What happened?  Rolling Eyes

Uhh, I'm not sure. Motorized faders wouldn't move on their own and audio levels wouldn't track manual fader moves. Mix engine worked okay under laptop control, though. It's like the faders weren't there at all. Seems to me like the fader bank needed a connector re-snugged or something simple like that. I didn't want to try and open it up for the first time on show site under time pressure.

Probably related: the internal cooling fan kicked into high speed after a minute or so of being on. I had never heard it do that before.

More info when the unit gets back from service. Until then it's just guesses.  Razz

-Bink
Michael 'Bink' Knowles
www.binkster.net

Chuck Augustowski

« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2006, 02:32:05 PM »

All of our rep firms now have samples, either a 24 input or 32 input (no road case).  In Southern California, our rep firm is Mac West Group (562-599-6890).  Give Steve or Zeke a call and they can arrange for you to take it out for a few days for your evaluation.

Chuck Augustowski
Sales/Product Manager
APB-DynaSonics, Inc.

Teri Hogan

« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2006, 01:03:10 AM »

Laughing Need more auxes?  No, not really.  I have a 40X20 LM...plenty of mixes there.  And I LOOOOOVE my LM!  But if a regional sound company wants to remain competitive, it has to be up-to-date on gear and my LM is getting a bit long in the tooth in that respect.  I'm just awaiting the arrival of the Spectra-M (I guess that's what they'll call it) next year and I have a potential buyer for my LM now, which means I need something to get me through the rest of this year.  That's why I'm so excited about how well the Spectra-T performed as a monitor desk.  True, it doesn't have output EQ, but I can work around that for one season if I know its sister is coming soon.  After all, APB can't birth them all at once!

As I said before, it performed flawlessly for me and when I get my monitor desk, the 'T' will move to FOH.  Then we'll be an APB shop! Very Happy
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.