ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dimmer and Controller options  (Read 1167 times)

Alfred_Mapanao

Dimmer and Controller options
« on: May 19, 2006, 12:56:47 am »

Hello. I just acquired 16 Elation Optipars. 12 of them will be mounted on two parbars (6 pars per bar with a 19-pin socapex). What are some good rackmounted dimmers and controllers? I am looking for a long-term solution that I can eventually expand to; whether it is more conventional fixtures or the addition of automated fixtures such as scanners.

So, what is my best approach for a rackmount dimmer? Any certain brands/models that you can recommend? I am looking at the Lightronics 12-channel dimmer with socapex out (forgot the model number). I understand these need a 60A single phase feed. However, since I am not drawing the manufacturer's rating of 10A per channel, would I be safe to use a 50A 220V connector? The reason why I brought this up is because I rarely see a 60A on generators. Mainly the 50A California Standard (CS) plug.

For control, I'm looking at the NSI MC7024. Should I look into something larger?

Please steer me to the right direction since this is my first big jump into stage lighting. I want to do this right the first time. I am mainly catering to rock concerts of up to 1000 people, college events, etc. Nothing big yet. I guess you can say I'm looking for a basic stage wash, but with the option of adding and expanding to some better effects. Does this make sense?

And last, what should I do with the remaining 4 pars? I was thinking of mounting them on a tree with their own 4-channel dimmer pack. What are your thoughts on this? Should I purchase 4 more to mount on another tree and use these as a backwash? So basically my little lighting rig would consist of 12 pars in the front and 8 on the back.

I appreciate your recommendations. Thanks!
 I no longer want to participate in a forum filled with newbies and ego-maniac know it alls. Please delete me from this forum.

len woelfel

• http://www.party-chicago.com/rentals/rentals.html
Re: Dimmer and Controller options
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 07:45:49 am »

Gearsource has a few used dimmer racks.  They also have multipin connections.  With the extra amps you could power amplifiers or, if you get moving lights, power them.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.