Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Lighting Forum

"Grapple" type device

(1/2) > >>

Bonnie Lackey:
I posted this on the AV board but am wondering if anyone has used the Grapple for either stage or decor lighting.  I am in no way affiliated with the product but it has given me some creative ideas.  Now if we can just get some bendable truss.

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Bonnie Lackey on February 18, 2011, 01:02:09 PM ---I posted this on the AV board but am wondering if anyone has used the Grapple for either stage or decor lighting.  I am in no way affiliated with the product but it has given me some creative ideas.  Now if we can just get some bendable truss.

--- End quote ---

A link to what you are talking about would help.

Mac

Ray Cerwinski:
this?...

http://www.rigging.net/grapple.htm

Thomas Bishop:
I've never used it myself but have seen it before.  I've thought about getting some but haven't had a need yet.  They're quite a bit less expensive than corner blocks, so that might be a viable alternative.

Rick Earl:
I designed and fabricated a similar device about 1o years ago.  I used it in a venue where i had fixed points and needed to build a custom grid to accommodate the clients needs. On recommendation from our structural engineer we down-rated the load on the truss by 1/2 because of the compression on the tube side walls.
We had no issues to speak of when using it.   Eventually we fabricated a custom truss length so we could use a corner block and go to full loading.   They make a handy tool but not a replacement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version