ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Some EQ curves to die for  (Read 8044 times)

Steve Weiss

Re: Some EQ curves to die for
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 06:17:47 PM »

I understand Gian. Dave and Bink have seen the venue and the show. Its a standard Meyer PA, and a standard Bass Rig through a DI. This is a bad designer trying to EQ and brush off a bad comb filter situation and that he has been told by more than one respected engineer and SIM engineer that the PA design was wrong. Yes mine is a rant, but a valid rant that goes along the lines of its not always the engineers fault. The Bass player was horrified to hear his bass in the house on a multitrack playback, and his consideration meant nothing to the designer. People were told it was his design and you will play and mix it as such. AHHH fun in the theatre world I guess.

Steve Weiss

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 06:19:09 PM »

gian luca cavallini wrote on Mon, 17 April 2006 13:20

Steve,
but still you (probably) know very little about the show and the technical needs of the designer...

well I am on staff of the show as a mixer. So I hear it every day, some days twice!!

Dave Stevens

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 07:48:29 PM »

gian luca cavallini wrote on Mon, 17 April 2006 13:20

Sorry for the rant, but this kind of topic recalls me of the bad attitude I call "mother-in-law gossip"... simply useless.

Steve and the crew at that show have their hands full fixing some of the aspects of the design of the show.  Some of it you just look at it and listen to it and say HUH?  Given what they are working with they've done an outstanding job.  This isn't a club or bar level gig, it's a multi million dollar, high profile production show that otherwise has spectatcular production value but initially the audio was at best difficult to work with.  It's going to cost a lot of money to fix proper, but in the meantime hats off to the gang there for doing the best with what they have to work with.  The show I heard Steve mix sounded very good particularly considering some of the obviously wrong choices the initial designer made.

Dave
======================================
Revenge of the Chick Car...
A Barking Dog Goes Road Racing in 2011
http://www.roaddog.com/racing/

gian luca cavallini

• http://loudluke.net
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 02:40:16 AM »

Sorry Steve, you didn't tell us you were the mixer, this change things a lot... Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Steve Weiss

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 04:54:32 AM »

No worries guys it was more us venting than anything. It was hard for us to see a great meyer rig destroyed like this thats all.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 04:54:32 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.