ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PM3500 Input module service  (Read 798 times)

Dave Dermont

• http://www.geocities.com/livesound101/
PM3500 Input module service
« on: April 02, 2006, 08:16:33 pm »

Is it possible to get a Yamaha PM3500 input module serviced without having to take the console out of service?

It's a installation jobbie, not a road warrior. The module in question shows that stuff is coming in, but there is no output anywhere.

Thanks
Dave Dermont - Chief Lizard, LAB Lounge

WARNING: Dates In Calendar May Be Closer Than They Appear

Tim McCulloch

Re: PM3500 Input module service
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 08:56:26 pm »

Yes.  I send my console module work to Creation Audio Labs in Nashvegas.  No, you can't pull the module with the console powered up.

Tim Mc
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

Ken Freeman

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 09:11:38 pm »

Yes and no.  Yes, you can run the console without a full load of modules.  No, you should not pull a module out while the console is powered up.  I suggest opening the meter bridge (while the console is off, of course) and re-seating all of the I/O for the module, as some of those big ribbon cables get weird once in a while.

Other note:  The modules work in sets of 4, but the rear plates are singles.  Once you get them out of the frame, you can detach a single unit, but it is some work.  You will find that the stereo units work the same way, but the master section is a project.

Ken

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 09:11:38 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 24 queries.