ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this bass competition?  (Read 6104 times)

Tyson Garvin

Re: Is this bass competition?
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 01:51:18 AM »

Phil Ouellette wrote on Sun, 09 April 2006 18:10

Hey Ivan,

I already figured the ultimate SPL drag racing sub design. Use a series of computer controlled demo charges (detonate one charge for each peak on the waveform).  The play length time is going to be limited by the number of explosive charges you can fit in the vehicle, but man it would be loud while it lasted.  A computer bug could be interesting to watch (from a safe distance).

Another idea is to line the inner surface of the vehicle with piezo activators.  Pulse them all in unison and you could get some serious over-pressurization.

been there, done that.

Tyson Garvin

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2006, 01:54:55 AM »

John Roberts  {JR} wrote on Sun, 09 April 2006 19:04

Phil Ouellette wrote on Sun, 09 April 2006 12:10

Hey Ivan,

I already figured the ultimate SPL drag racing sub design. Use a series of computer controlled demo charges (detonate one charge for each peak on the waveform).  The play length time is going to be limited by the number of explosive charges you can fit in the vehicle, but man it would be loud while it lasted.  A computer bug could be interesting to watch (from a safe distance).

Another idea is to line the inner surface of the vehicle with piezo activators.  Pulse them all in unison and you could get some serious over-pressurization.

Well if you're talking about controlled detonation that sounds a little like an IC (internal combustion) engine... you just need to trick up the fuel injection and ignition system to a simple motor with a piston centered in a cylinder between two combustion chambers. A simple linear push-rod connects the piston to a diaphragm. By alternately charging and firing the two combustion chambers you can surely move some serious air. You can probably channel the exhaust into a HF output port...  

Now when your system runs out of gas, it really runs out of gas Laughing  

And please before somebody builds one, I'm just kidding really.

JR

Audi did that same theory when they won the f1 world championships, they programmed the fuel injection to rev the motor to different speeds to play Queen's "We are the champions song"

sorry, I had to edit this I was informed that it was not audi, so I looked it up and it was Renault. but it still was the same objective. I have not been on here but one day so I do not know if anyone on here knew of that demonstration and I thought It would be interesting to some of you.

Tyson Garvin

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2006, 02:02:39 AM »

Ivan Beaver wrote on Sun, 09 April 2006 19:06

What about just a piston that moves a wall in the vehicle and changes the nternal volume by a bunch?  That would raise the pressure, but at what freq-and only for a short time period.

Now maybe if you got the computer program right and used the piston to positive pressurise the cabin and used your explosives to drive the piston back to start again?  At least it would be more musical than the single note they are doing. Well maybe? depends on what you call "music".

I did that with hydralics, my design stipulation was to move 2000 lbs  10" at a minimum of 40 times a second. I built a wall in my vehicle that was the whole size of the vehicle with a tractor innertube as a surround and linear bearings to support the wall, the hydralics were controlled by an amplifier so it would play sound, I had 9 hydralic accumulators at 3000 PSI each with 4" lines ran out of them all T'ed together and after I started getting it to play I realized how dangerous it was (after I blew the end out of a big hydralic cylinder and it shot through the wall) so I quit working on it but if anyone ever wants to try it I can give you years of info on it.

Helge A. Bentsen

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2006, 07:07:02 PM »

Tyson Garvin wrote on Fri, 28 April 2006 07:54

Audi did that same theory when they won the f1 world championships, they programmed the fuel injection to rev the motor to different speeds to play Queen's "We are the champions song"

Audi has newer won a F1 world championship, neither as team, constructor or engine manufacturer.

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Audi in competition
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2006, 07:21:29 PM »

Helge A. Bentsen wrote on Fri, 28 April 2006 19:07

Audi has newer won a F1 world championship, neither as team, constructor or engine manufacturer.
I don't know that they have ever even competed in F1. At least not since the days of Auto Union. They have however been very successful with the R8, and now the R10 prototypes in the ALMS, and they will be at Le Mans for the 24hr race in June. They have been nearly as successful in ALMS as Ferrari has been in F1 with Schumacher.

Mac

Tyson Garvin

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2006, 01:28:30 AM »

Helge A. Bentsen wrote on Sat, 29 April 2006 00:07

Tyson Garvin wrote on Fri, 28 April 2006 07:54

Sorry it was Renault. thank you for correcting me. it might make it easier for someone else to hear or read about it.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.