ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roboscan 812 - globe upgrade?  (Read 2887 times)

Warren Hook

Roboscan 812 - globe upgrade?
« on: March 27, 2006, 08:47:30 AM »

Hi all,
Just aquired some old roboscan 812's, and I've heard that you can put higher wattage globes in them... is this true? If so, which globe?

Cheers

Dan Kok

Re: Roboscan 812 - globe upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 11:22:55 PM »

Warren Hook wrote on Mon, 27 March 2006 07:47

...higher wattage globes...

Cheers

"Globes"?  That's a new term for me, I assume you mean bulbs.

I only know of the HTI150 for the Roboscan 812.  Don't try to put an HTI152 in them, some bulb web sites say it fits but... it doesn't.  Too fat.

--
Dan

Warren Hook

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 09:37:39 AM »

Sorry, australian and sound guy not a lighting guy Razz
Thanks!

Brian Ship

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 01:33:35 AM »

Interesting that the HTI 152 does not fit.  Should only be a 1mm difference.

The HTI 152 is the typical long life version of this lamp.  It's less in output/color temperature but a much more cost effective lamp to use.

The GE CSS150/CAP/50 might otherwise work.  Very close in voltage.  Slightly higher output given it does not explode when powering it up.  Probably a little more tempormatic.

I'm thinking that the question was more about some form of Urban Legend type of more advanced lamp in that range or higher wattage lamp now tried by someone.

Be advised that the use of any lamp other than that specified by the manufacturer voids the UL listing of the fixture.  You are now liable for any damages potentially done by say a fire because of your changes.

Other types of lamp.
If you can take up in bench focus 9mm worth of play, there is a number of lamps that might work but are really designed for a different voltage rating thus will be less stable or even explode.  They do have somewhat similar lamp bases that might allow the lamp to fit into the socket on the other hand.

First is the 125v range of CSR 125SE/HR and MSR 125HR lamps.  Next is the 200w range of lamps such as the MSR 200HR, CSR 200SE/HR, HMI 200w/SE and MHD 200HR in lamp type.  Don't know if they would work but any of them has the potential of being at least as bright if not up to 1.5% brigher than the lamps otherwise available.

Granted if it don't explode, you still have the liability on the fixture.  Could work, might work, but only on the theory side.

Warren Hook

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 11:10:53 AM »

Thanks Brian, I might just be sticking with the standard globe at the moment I think Smile

Felix Truong

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 03:46:15 AM »

globe.
n.

1. A body with the shape of a sphere, especially a representation of the earth in the form of a hollow ball.
        a. The earth.
        b. A planet.
  3. A spherical or bowllike container, especially a glass cover for a light bulb.
  4. A sphere emblematic of sovereignty; an orb.

lamp
n.

a. A device that generates light, heat, or therapeutic radiation.
        b. A vessel containing oil or alcohol burned through a wick for illumination.
  2. A celestial body that gives off or reflects light.
  3. Something that illumines the mind or soul.

Our lighting and tech crew would probably clonk you on the head if you were in our theatre.  I get clonked for saying "bulb".  The correct term is "lamp".  You do not say "I'm going to hang that light", you say "I'm going to hang that instrument".  You do not say "I'm going to remove that table".  You say "I'm going to strike that table". etc etc

My 2 cents.

Warren Hook

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 08:21:35 AM »

Hence the reason I don't do lighting and/or theatre work Razz

Brian Ship

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 06:40:32 AM »

Actually and by today's standards, "Instrument" is also a Konk to the head offence.  Instead they are called "Luminaries."

Get with the program if you are going to split hairs  Twisted Evil

While at work or often here and elsewhere I attempt to also correct and educate as you have.  More to stall for time while I get to a stopping point in helping someone else or have fun with them while pulling their leg as I expect you are.

It's still also often a question of first is the person ready to learn yet.  Than second is the person worth teaching.  Second question might be implied as wort teaching, but is what the proper terms something he is ready for yet?

For me mostly, I say something like bulbs you plant in the ground, would you like a lamp?  Than five minutes later I will mess with people in calling them bulbs.

Warren Hook

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 09:48:55 PM »

Ah good, its nice to see someone else has a sense of humour too Smile

Felix Truong

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 09:49:48 PM »

I don't know about that.  I believe Luminaires is the common term in England.  Around here, all the theatres use "Instrument" (San Francisco, Bay Area)

Brian Ship

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 11:29:55 PM »

NEC 2002 made that change in defination official for us.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.