ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cerwinvega Vs Labsub  (Read 39563 times)

michael popham

Re: funny stuff here
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2008, 09:00:13 AM »

fair do's Smile

Vince Byrne

« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2008, 01:50:20 PM »

Josh Billings wrote on Fri, 11 January 2008 05:27

I own 2 LABs and 2 12 pis (Basically LABs)

Resisting. The. Temptation. ... Holding. My. Tounge.

michael popham

« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2008, 01:53:07 PM »

holds vince's tongue for him ...its more fun that way Smile

Josh Billings

• http://www.mindboxmedia.com/soundsystem
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2008, 09:35:24 AM »

If you are holding your tongue because you think they may not sound / perform almost identically you don't have 2 of each, because i can tell you they do. There isn't really isn't a difference other than the slightly increased power handling of the 12pi.

If you are holding your tongue because of the Behringer style Development of this product, you somewhat have a point, however there are a few issues that have been addressed with this box that the LAB didn't have going for it. The overall box is bigger (bad mainly) but you can hit lower frequencies with less boxes. Also the increased power handling of this heatsink is a smart idea and i'll give wayne a lot of credit for coming up with it. Also the push pull...well i haven't noticed much of a difference in sound because of it, but hell why not right?

Very very similar boxes and they couple well together in a group of 4 and sounds quite good if you ask me.

Anyways just me $.02

-Josh Billings

Vince Byrne

« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2008, 12:54:34 PM »

Josh Billings wrote on Sat, 12 January 2008 08:35

If you are holding your tongue because you think they may not sound / perform almost identically you don't have 2 of each, because i can tell you they do. There isn't really isn't a difference other than the slightly increased power handling of the 12pi.

Josh, not to dis the sound or performance of your 12pi's with or with without LABs. All indications are that they are a competent tweak of the LAB, with performance differences consistent with their larger size.  

Mixing sub types usually doesn't go well, and if the pi's and LABs weren't so similar they would be highly unlikely to play well together.
Quote:

If you are holding your tongue because of the Behringer style Development of this product, you somewhat have a point

Indeed. In my professional life I have had managers kill good ideas (some of them mine) then leave the company, implement them with a competitor, and then trash me and mine to my customers while closing a deal with my idea. This is a bit closer to home for me than for most people here.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 17 queries.