ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: IEM Mixes with effects  (Read 6020 times)

George Dougherty

Re: IEM Mixes with effects
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 11:05:50 AM »

We do though it's just a single stage mic.  I'd like to add specific audience mics but there are a number of other higher priority items in the budget.  Problem is that in order for the band to use the ambient mic for onstage communication without pulling the headphones out, it has to be compressed and turned up by an amount that makes it problematic while playing.  As a result, I reverse gate it so the volume drops about 15-20db and the acoustically delayed signal doesn't cause smearing problems in the IEM mix.

In SAC, a reverb is just another plugin instance, of which I have as many as I'd ever want.  It's really not a problem and the results are superb.  Outside of SAC, audience mics would probably be the best way to go and are on our list of things to add.

Loren Aguey

• New York City
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 03:47:57 PM »

This is one place where Software Audio Console rocks many other options out there.

Hi George,

How exactly does the SAC interface with the console? I didn't see anything about hardware on the site so I'm confused as to how you're routing the FX to the console.

Jason Grooms

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2011, 04:27:48 PM »

The SAC systems seems very similair (conceptually) to the Allen & Heath iLive system.  You can get into the iLive system for as low as $5,000 (mixing from a laptop).  If you like this concept but want the ability to scale up to full blown work surface I'd also check out the A&H system in addition to SAC.

George Dougherty

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 11:57:22 AM »

Hi George,

How exactly does the SAC interface with the console? I didn't see anything about hardware on the site so I'm confused as to how you're routing the FX to the console.

SAC is a mixer in the box.  It's roots stem from RML Lab's SAW product that's been in studio use for decades though SAC is redesigned for a live performance workflow and performance.  At it's core, it's a Windows based computer stripped down and tweaked for best real-time performance, studio interfaces and preamps of your choice to meet the needs or budget, and the SAC application ties it all together into a mixing console. 

It is somewhat similar to the iLive system though all remotes (up to 28) are networked rather than running off a dedicated hardware connection.  Several control surface options are available and the product continues to improve with each update.

FX are either SAW/SAC native plugins, DirectX, or VST plugins.  Plugins must be zero latency adding.  Every input, virtual aux/return and output channel has both pre and post fader patch points with the option to re-locate the input channel pre-fade patch points pre-EQ/Dynamics.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 11:57:22 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 25 queries.