ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Kilomax 15" or Omega-Pro-15A  (Read 4811 times)

Primo Desiderio

Kilomax 15" or Omega-Pro-15A
« on: March 02, 2006, 09:23:38 PM »

What speaker is better Kilomax 15" or Omega-Pro-15A.

From what I heard in one review is the Kilomax blows, I just wanted to get your guys opinion before I buy.
Play this song and everybody will dance, I guarantee it!

Ivan Beaver

Re: Kilomax 15" or Omega-Pro-15A
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 09:36:21 PM »

The first question is "Best For what useage?"
While the Kilomax is rated for higher power, the Omega Pro has (on an average) 2.5-3dB greater sensitivity-depending on freq. So depending on what you want to do the Omega may actually get louder.  The Omega goes higher in freq.

Different cabinets/usages will require different types of speakers. Why are you limiting your choices to those 2 models?

You have to define your parameters first.  What is better? A sedan or a pickup?  It depends.  They both have 4 wheels and so forth.
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 09:39:24 PM »

Primo Desiderio wrote on Thu, 02 March 2006 21:23

What speaker is better Kilomax 15" or Omega-Pro-15A.
How a particular speaker performs depends almost entirely on the design of the box it is in. Speakers are designed with specific  characteristics to optimize them for different box configurations. It is impossible to say which speaker is better without knowing how they are being used, and all the TS parameters.

Mac

Mike {AB} Butler

• http://www.3alchemy.com
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 11:06:41 PM »

So, do you plan to build subs.. or tops? Sounds like you're in the market for subs. If so, there are considerably better choices out there. Do a search on the KiloMax; there is LOTS of information on this subject already. Also, IF you are doing subs, go over and check out the subwoofer page. LOTS of useful info, and plans for a sub that would knock the doors off of a kilomax sub.. and the 2 drivers for each cabinet would cost close to what a single Kilomax Woof does..
Regards,
Mike Butler,
Principal, Technology and Operations,
Dascott Technologies, LLC

Primo Desiderio

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 11:45:42 PM »

Thanks for getting back, I have the cab's and looks to be a Lab folded horn with two 15 speakers facing each other.  I droped in a pair of 15 400 watt speakers and they sounded amazing! Now I want to step it up and bridge a amp for each speaker.  I think I could rock a stadium with these babies.  So what speakers would you recomend you guys being the speaker pro's.

1.  Kilomax 15"

2). Omega-Pro-15A

Mike {AB} Butler

• http://www.3alchemy.com
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 12:16:22 AM »

Primo Desiderio wrote on Thu, 02 March 2006 20:45

Thanks for getting back, I have the cab's and looks to be a Lab folded horn with two 15 speakers facing each other. I droped in a pair of 15 400 watt speakers and they sounded amazing! Now I want to step it up and bridge a amp for each speaker.  I think I could rock a stadium with these babies.  So what speakers would you recomend you guys being the speaker pro's.

1.  Kilomax 15"

2). Omega-Pro-15A

Just curious, do you have a picture of the boxes you have? Lab subs use a pair of special 12" drivers developed by Eminence - specifically for the lab subs. You must have some other design.
??
Regards,
Mike Butler,
Principal, Technology and Operations,
Dascott Technologies, LLC

Primo Desiderio

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 01:35:00 AM »

I tried to upload a pic but it was to big, I know these speakers are 52x52X28 and sound amazing.

So doesn't anyone have experience with these speakers in other cabs I just want to know if KILOMAX are lame.

Duane Massey

• http://www.ozknozz.com
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 01:52:06 AM »

We use the Omega Pro15 and Pro18 in our subs. I looked into the Kilomax, but the extra power handling was offset by the lower sensitivity and the additional cost. If your boxes need 15's, I'd probaly lean towards the Omega. Power handling is not the most important feature to look for.
Duane Massey
Houston, Texas, USA

Jason Dermer

Primo Desiderio was:Re: Kilomax 15" or Omega-Pro-15A
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 03:07:38 AM »

Sorry for completely hijacking the thread with an extremely irrelevant post...
Primo Desiderio??? As in Primo and Dianne? This 39 year old skate rat that got his first board in 1974 just has to know...
Jason Dermer
jason@asburyaudio.com
cell: 732-616-3463
office: 732-938-3100

"Rock & Roll and cars are just slightly different versions of the same mental disorder."- Peter Egan

Primo Desiderio

Re: Primo Desiderio was:Re: Kilomax 15" or Omega-Pro-15A
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 04:14:09 AM »

Is this Primo the same guy that made up the Primo Slide thats featured in the Tony Hawk game?
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.