ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tempo based dmx software?  (Read 1564 times)

Allan Pardane

Tempo based dmx software?
« on: February 09, 2006, 11:15:04 AM »

Could I find that kind of soft somewhere? I mean a program Where I dont limit scenes with time, but give them some intervals (for example beats). And after Ill give those intervals a time with tempo. Is that kind of programming possible?

len woelfel

• http://www.party-chicago.com/rentals/rentals.html
Re: Tempo based dmx software?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 06:35:35 PM »

Anything is possible, but it all depends on your desk.  Some accept midi in, some allow manual input, some have an audio analyzer to drive changes, others use other methods, or a combination.  First question:  mac or pc?  If it's mac, there are a couple dmx programs but I don't know anything about them.  For pc, there's a lot more choices that I know of, from as little as $60 to as much as $5K.  Just depends on your budget, needs, etc.  The best part is that you can download most of them for free to try out before you buy.  Mostly, the hardware card/control is what you pay for and software upgrades are available online.  

Allan Pardane

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 03:15:50 PM »

Hello again

I have PC. I have tried Lightjockey and I didnt noticed that kind of solution there.

TY

Allan

James Garrard

• http://www.ukslc.org
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 02:43:02 PM »

I "think" VisualDMX does it but I might be wrong !
Jim
http://www.ukslc.org/forum - Uk Sound And Lighting Community

Joe Fitzpatrick

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 09:52:04 PM »

James Garrard wrote on Sun, 26 February 2006 19:43

I "think" VisualDMX does it but I might be wrong !

Our 'Live Panel' does this.  You create cues/scenes normally then specific sequences of one or more for the Live Panel.  You can then specify a 'BPM' speed, or just 'tap' it in with the space bar.  

You can decide if you want scenes to 'step', or 'fade' on the beats.

You can have up to four concurrent sequences running, so you could have PAR cans on the beat, movers doing slow sweeps on 16 bars, and so on.

The sequences can be saved for keystroke recall, and offer some other nifty features.

The next version (1.4, currently in Alpha), will accept BPM lock from other software packages (ex. DJ software, WinAmp, Audio Input, etc.) using a 'plug in' model.  It will also include native MIDI support.

-jjf
Innovate Show Controls
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.