ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Confused about SMAART  (Read 11250 times)

Timo Beckman

• Rational Acoustics/Isemcon/Fulcrum Acoustic NL
    • Timo Beckman Geluid
Re: Confused about SMAART
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 01:43:40 PM »

1. I use the manufacturers'recommended crossover points and bandpass delay settings.

I verify the settings from the manufacturer if possible . On my BLOG there is a article about 2 brands where with settings mismatch .

http://timobeckmangeluid.wordpress.com/2011/10/02/tanstaafl-there-aintno-such-thing-as-a-free-lunch-statement-i-got-from-b-mccarthy/

The sls measurement had a polarity problem with standard settings from the manufacturer . The second had a delay mismatch between the high and low driver within the top .

If you really want to learn about how to analyze the data on screen measuring a sound system read the book by Bob McCarthy or the blue book from meyersound .
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 01:48:47 PM by Timo Beckman »

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 02:00:28 PM »

1. I use the manufacturers'recommended crossover points and bandpass delay settings.

I verify the settings from the manufacturer if possible . On my BLOG there is a article about 2 brands where with settings mismatch .

http://timobeckmangeluid.wordpress.com/2011/10/02/tanstaafl-there-aintno-such-thing-as-a-free-lunch-statement-i-got-from-b-mccarthy/

The sls measurement had a polarity problem with standard settings from the manufacturer . The second had a delay mismatch between the high and low driver within the top .

If you really want to learn about how to analyze the data on screen measuring a sound system read the book by Bob McCarthy or the blue book from meyersound .

zombies from 2006
Jay Barracato

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 02:00:28 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.