ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommend a good book please :)  (Read 1688 times)

Hansel Anasarias

Recommend a good book please :)
« on: September 21, 2004, 05:59:27 PM »

I need to purchase a book or two, regarding live sound, or more so, church sound reinforcement.  Our church will need to train some volunteers within the next month or so, and i wanted to get a leg up and educate myself. And eventually, come up with some kind of outline to teach by.

I remember a person mentioning that there is a new church sound book that is out, but i cant remember exactly.

I've been posting a decent amount here on PSW, mainly asking for help(not able to 'give' much back yet), so thanks again to everyone.  

-Hansel

Tom Young

Re: Recommend a good book please :)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 07:49:56 PM »

The Yamaha book on sound for worship is a good basic technical guide.  It may be published now by Hal Leonard.

Another very good and more recently written book is "Audio Engineering For Sound Reinforcement" by John Eargle and Chris Foreman (who co-authored the Yamaha book years ago, I think).

A number of manufacturers provide well written papers and guides on live sound, microphones, dynamics processing, etc.  Some are geared specifically towards HOW.  Most are free. Try: Shure, Rane, JBL, EV, dbx, Allen & Heath and Mackie.

Beware of most of the books that are titled/subjected along the lines of "how to" or "concert sound" and the like.  Most of them are really very poorly written, are technically flawed or are way too simplistic.

Hope this helps-
Tom Young, Church Sound section moderator
Electroacoustic Design Services
Oxford CT
Tel: 203.888.6217
Email: dbspl@earthlink.net
www.dbspl.com

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Recommend a good book please :)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 07:49:56 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.