ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wall box for plug panel ?  (Read 1800 times)

Tom Young

Wall box for plug panel ?
« on: January 21, 2006, 09:51:58 AM »

I have been trying to find a wall box that will accommodate a custom 12"W x 10"H (+/- 0.5") plug panel that needs to be perpendicular to the floor. Plug panel will have multipins, XLR's and other connectors. I have a supplier for this.

All I've seen from FSR and Ace Backstage are boxes that have internal elements designed for their slanted panels.

This box needs an attractive hinged (drop) front lid with or without cable cut-outs.  The plug panel will sit 4-6" inside with enough space behind it for terminations.

Any leads ?

TIA
Tom Young
Electroacoustic Design Services
Oxford CT
Tel: 203.888.6217
Email: dbspl@earthlink.net
www.dbspl.com

Ivan Beaver

Re: Wall box for plug panel ?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 12:17:59 PM »

Ace makes 2 boxes that do not have angled areas for the plates. They are "flat" ie parallel to the lid.  Neither of these is the size you are looking for (1 smaller and 1 larger) so they may not work if the plates are already existing.  These are the Super pocket and the Super Double wide models.  Ace will custom make plates to go in these (so the screw holes all line up easily) or you can get other manufacturers to do so, and spec the hole placements yourself (ace has these in their catalog)-if they cannot do the particular configuration you want.  We do this fairly often-using Horizon panels in Ace boxes.  Sometimes we do this because Horizon will wire up the multipin on a plate that will drop into the Ace box.  Saves us a lot of time and money.
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.