ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: need help on console choice  (Read 1851 times)

Mike Berg

need help on console choice
« on: January 19, 2006, 07:54:09 PM »

Hi everyone I'm doing some planning and I need some help choosing between some consoles for running 48 dimming channels, 8 Martin RoboScan Pro 918, and 4 Martin Mac 250 for concerts.

I've checked out the Leprecon LPX 48 and the HES Hog 500 and I'm looking for opinions on these and any others. Budget is around 10K, I could go slightly higher if something was really worth it. I'm also open to computer setups as well.

Thanks.

Craig Leerman

• http://www.techworksvegas.com
Re: need help on console choice
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 02:58:58 AM »

Look at the Fat Frog, Bull frog and Frog 2 consoles from Zero 88.

I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

Dan Glass

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 11:42:14 AM »

I agree that the Zero 88 consoles are worht looking at as an option.  The Bull Frog is probably more what your looking for cause it can control up to 24 individual intells and has 48 sliders.   The list price for the Bullfrog is a little under $6,000 so that fitsinto your budget.  The Fatfrog is only designed to control up to 12 intels with 24 sliders and the Frog 2 is an awesome console but the list price is around $14,000.  Hope that helped.
Dan Glass

Mike Berg

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 01:59:51 PM »

are you sure the bullfrog is that cheap? it almost seems like you are describing the leapfrog, which still looks like a formidable option if its 6K. any one have any expirience with the mambo frog? that looks like a pretty good option, now to find pricing.

Craig Leerman

• http://www.techworksvegas.com
need a name
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 08:54:12 PM »

Please go to your profile and change the "alias" box to include both your real names. Forum rules require a first and last name to post.

Craig Leerman
Forum Moderator
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

Jim Cutshall

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 03:54:41 AM »

Actually the Fat Frog has 48 faders and can be used as such - it however only does 12 movers.

FWIW,  Jim

Luc Buytaert

• http://www.avl.be
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 04:19:57 AM »

The LP-X48 and LP-X24 are both very nice and easy to use controllers. If you have the budget for an LP-X48 i should go for the LP-X48.

Best regards,

Luc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.