ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: audio/video feed  (Read 3973 times)

Buddy Brock

audio/video feed
« on: January 19, 2006, 03:21:18 PM »

I am looking at running a audio/video feed to from my church sanctuary to a nursery building. We do not have the video system yet, but I would like to send audio now. We have a 70 volt system in the nursery building right now that got whacked some time back by a lightning surge. My question is, what is the best cable to feed the other building and how should it be done properly? Also, is it best to terminate these to rca's to go directly into TV's in the rooms? They have tv/dvd units. I am currently getting my audio from my mix position sending via xlr. However, I know there's probaly a much better way to send both signals. As you can tell, I haven't much experience with video. I'm just the "sound guy". Thanks.

Buddy Brock

Re: audio/video feed
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 09:22:03 PM »

I see I may very well be in the wrong forum. I'll kindly move to the church av forum.

Mike Noth

Re: audio/video feed
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 03:23:37 PM »

Generally when faced with something like this, I will modulate both the audio and video and run 'em down RF cable.  I know you said that you don't have the video system yet, but that would probably be the best way to solve this.

Dimpliest and probably cheapest way to do it is to feed -10 audio and your video signal into a VCR, run RF cable to where ever you need it, hit a second VCR, plug TV into that VCR.  Select inputs as appropriate.  Done.

You can spend more on modulators if you want, but this type of system has worked well for us in the past.

Ken Freeman

Re: audio/video feed using R/F
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 10:09:14 PM »

Oh and did Mike Mention that this is avery inexpensive way to do this?  I think you could be out the door for $100.00 plus 15 cents a foot for cable.  We do this a lot, let me know if you ned any help.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.