ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: midbass cabs used by .38 Special  (Read 2207 times)

J. Kyle Hepp

midbass cabs used by .38 Special
« on: February 05, 2006, 02:38:49 AM »

I Bounced at a club where .38 Special played a 1 night gig.  "backstage"  (more like behind the stage by the walk in coolers)  they had 4 sealed up boxes that put out the most incredible midbass response for one or more guitars.  You could FEEL it more than hear it...    The effect in the FOH ws astounding, and I've always wondered what exactly those were?   Anyone know?   By the way, that 'ol band sounded better live in this med. Nightclub Venue than Any live act I've heard except for the Eagles in Spokane, WA on their first Farewell tour.
I mean their sound AND performance was just astounding!

As for those mid cabs...  anyone know what those might have been, and why they were used in that configuration?

Al Limberg

Re: midbass cabs used by .38 Special
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 02:55:22 AM »

I'd bet they were the actual guitar cabinets - sealed up in road cases and mic'd, kept offstage to reduce stage volume.

Just a thought,

Al
If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get one million miles to the gallon, and explode once a year killing everyone inside - Robert X. Cringely

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Re: midbass cabs used by .38 Special
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 02:37:17 PM »

I'm with Al. That sounds like offstage isolation boxes for the guitar amps. This is a great technique when you need the sound of the amp screamin' (uh... .38 Special) but can't have the stage volume (club not arena).  It is pretty common in the theater.

Mac
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.