ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Waves Maxxbass  (Read 2109 times)

Phil Pope

• http://www.apacheacoustics.co.uk
Waves Maxxbass
« on: January 15, 2006, 03:20:37 PM »

Hi

bought the Waves MaxxBass 101 recently and I am really impressed with it. My Yorkville U215 tops have flat response to about 30Hz using the processor. Sound quality is very good - can only tell it isn't 'pure' bass when you start processing the frequencies up as high as about 70Hz. I have it set at 50Hz at the moment. Not really tried it out with my LABs yet but will post when I do. Using this processing has implications for sub design if you can get 20Hz performance from a 50Hz horn. Anyone else been using the MaxxBass? Anyone think there are any drawbacks to using it?

cheers
Phil Pope

John Chiara

Re: Waves Maxxbass
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 02:14:31 PM »

Phil Pope wrote on Sun, 15 January 2006 15:20

Hi

bought the Waves MaxxBass 101 recently and I am really impressed with it. My Yorkville U215 tops have flat response to about 30Hz using the processor. Sound quality is very good - can only tell it isn't 'pure' bass when you start processing the frequencies up as high as about 70Hz. I have it set at 50Hz at the moment. Not really tried it out with my LABs yet but will post when I do. Using this processing has implications for sub design if you can get 20Hz performance from a 50Hz horn. Anyone else been using the MaxxBass? Anyone think there are any drawbacks to using it?

cheers
Phil Pope

I've used one for over a year with a small portable rig...really makes a difference when used properly. The only thing I encountered was a tendency to go into a low frequency feedback loop kind of thing if set too hot. I would recommend a good limiter after the unit..I use a Dominator 2..but for the $200 or so that the rack unit costs it is a real thing to consider.

John
"mix is a verb, not a noun" Sooo, as Aunt Bea would say.."Get to it!!!"

John A. Chiara aka. Blind Johnny
Albany Audio Associates Inc.
Troy, NY
518-961-0069 - cell
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.