ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Discouraged... Nothing is new under the sun.  (Read 4510 times)

David Haile

Re: Discouraged... Lighting for video
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2004, 12:24:47 PM »

Mac Kerr wrote on Wed, 22 September 2004 16:05

The video projector doesn't brighten the face, the uneven lighting brightens the face. The video projector just makes the uneven lighting obvious. If front and center isn't the isn't lit for announcements, it should be.

I was trying to be nicer than I should have been.  It "brightens the face" and leaves a head-shaped shadow on the screen!  They have writing and pictures all over their face when they step to front and center.  I hope the goal is to mount the projector from the ceiling next to the stage lights but they didn't do it as part of the construction and installation phase.  The projector is on a roll around cart.

They do their announcements from the side of the stage.  It is the weirdest setup I've ever seen.

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2004, 12:48:27 PM »

ColoradoDave wrote on Wed, 22 September 2004 12:24

I was trying to be nicer than I should have been.  It "brightens the face" and leaves a head-shaped shadow on the screen!  They have writing and pictures all over their face when they step to front and center.  I hope the goal is to mount the projector from the ceiling next to the stage lights but they didn't do it as part of the construction and installation phase.  The projector is on a roll around cart.

They do their announcements from the side of the stage.  It is the weirdest setup I've ever seen.
My misunderstanding. I am so used to rear projection video that I completely forgot about actually standing in the beam. Confused  Yes, mounting the projector high may solve that problem, as would rear projection. I even saw an ad for a projector that could mask out the image of someone standing in front of it in real time, so that nothing was projected on the person. It still left a shadow of course. I don't know if it was ever delivered, or whether it works, it looked like voodoo to me.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2004, 12:48:27 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.