ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Calculating install rates for friends?  (Read 2129 times)

Randy Pence

Calculating install rates for friends?
« on: January 06, 2006, 09:06:53 AM »

A friend is trying to open a lounge/bar and wants me to design and install the sound.  I have plenty of installation experience, but am curious what to charge.  Budget for the 4 room, 120 sq meter place is at the moment 9,000 euro, including my fee.  I am quite used to enslaving myself to the point where I dont even make minimum wage and want to change that with this job.  If it opens in time for the world cup, it will make all its money back.  My friend  knows I need the money, so he is comfortable with something fair.

10,15,20 percent of equipment?  The way you guys calculate your bids is probably a lot more complicated.  I'm just a one man show.

thx

Ivan Beaver

Re: Calculating install rates for friends?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 09:54:52 PM »

Our "rough" guestamate for installs is 33% of the equipment costs.  This does vay with the particular equipement being used-some stuff is expensive but does not require lots of labor and some stuff is the other way around-cheap and requires lots of labor to put in.  In a full system it works out to around that number.
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.