Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

Interesting Windows alternative to StageMix

(1/3) > >>

Mac Kerr:
I just became aware of a Windows alternative to StageMix, Airfader, that was developed by Labster Adam Ellsworth. Just reading the website it seems significantly more powerful than StageMix. It is currently available for LS9, with support for M7 to follow. Hopefully, now that there is a Mac OS network driver from Yamaha, Adam will be able to bring it to iPad.

It seems to have been available for a while, how did I miss this?

Mac

Justice C. Bigler:
hmmm...interesting. Certainly looks like a much more usable GUI than Studio Manager.

PM5D version coming soon?

Really though, I think Yamaha needs to man-up and give SM a complete overhaul in light of the wireless tablet revolution of the last couple years.

Adam Ellsworth:
Thanks for the shout-out, Mac!

--- Quote from: Mac Kerr on February 16, 2011, 06:02:38 PM ---It is currently available for LS9, with support for M7 to follow.
--- End quote ---

If someone would kindly ship me an M7CL that would definitely speed the process.

(I do have a couple available for testing locally - but in the past I've been holding off on M7CL development as well as product promotion until I had a small base of satisfied users. The two consoles speak a completely different dialect of the exact same language. But it is definitely possible... implementing a VCA layer would be the only "major" change.)

Edit: I have not looked much into PM5D support as they're actually hard to get around here. So, if I can borrow someone's spare PM5D for a month, they would get a free copy of the software. Maybe two.

-Adam

Weogo Reed:
Hi Justice,

"Really though, I think Yamaha needs to man-up and give SM a complete overhaul in light of the wireless tablet revolution of the last couple years."

The simple fact that Studio Manager does not scale to different screen resolutions is reason enough to overhaul it!

Or how about this:
With the 01V96 Editor, you can click on some knobs and then spin them with arrow-up/down keys.  On others you can't!

I work with it, and at the same time have a list of improvements that would be very useful.

Thanks and good health,  Weogo

Bob Charest:
Just was showing Air Fader to a friend a few minutes ago. Like it a lot :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version