ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grounding an RCA cable  (Read 3639 times)

Mytch

Grounding an RCA cable
« on: December 13, 2005, 05:55:31 PM »

I just acquired 2 old radio units, a modulator and a processor, but both require a ground and I use RCA for my audio.  Without it I get a buzz, when I use myself as the ground the buzz is gone.  How can I ground my connection?  (Without going out and buying the Henry Matchbox...)  Thank You.....mytch

John Roberts {JR}

Re: Grounding an RCA cable
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 06:22:35 PM »

Mytch wrote on Tue, 13 December 2005 16:55

I just acquired 2 old radio units, a modulator and a processor, but both require a ground and I use RCA for my audio.  Without it I get a buzz, when I use myself as the ground the buzz is gone.  How can I ground my connection?  (Without going out and buying the Henry Matchbox...)  Thank You.....mytch

Try using either a .1 or .01uF ceramic disc cap and maybe a 47k resister connected to each other in parallel and then in series with your ground. Sounds like you may have a ground loop or ground potential difference. Note: this will not make an effective safety ground between units so they will need to be bonded to ground separately.

JR
 https://www.resotune.com/

Tune it, or don't play it...
-----

Austin Parker

Re: Grounding an RCA cable
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 12:53:26 AM »

Are you saying that the equipment needs a ground, or you don't know how to ground an rca cable? If it's of the later, ti-low-ta-grund (tie low to ground).
Austin Parker

Designer  of Audio/Video/Control Systems

"Are you with me? Do you get it? If you have to ask what "IT" is, you don't get it"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.