ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: My Night with an Audix OM7  (Read 8936 times)

Bennett Prescott

• http://www.adraudio.com
Re: My Night with an Audix OM7
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2006, 11:25:32 AM »

Robert, please don't let the low gain deter you. I have never, ever, in all my years of working with the OM7 found any mic preamp that couldn't easily get enough gain out of it. A little extra twist of the knob is the only difference, level wise, between it and any other mic on the planet... you don't need extra PA to use it or nuthin'.
-- Bennett Prescott
Director of North American Sales
ADRaudio d.o.o.
Cell: (518) 488-7190

"Give me 6dB and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

Tim Padrick

Re: My Night with an Audix OM7
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2006, 08:34:56 PM »

Anthony Morgan wrote on Thu, 13 July 2006 20:38

anyone ever notice that the om7 seems kinda "zippy" in the top end when a singer gets on it pretty good?  seems to be propotional to singers volume...more vocal = more zippy, but its not there at all when just talking and what not...anyway...anyone notice this?

Not any more than any other mic.  It could just be that since the mic has a smooth rise instead of the usual presence peak, you are exciting the ~7kH resonance of the compression drivers sooner.  Try a little cut in that range.

Even with old (gain control on the back) Mackie mixers, I've never had a problem using an OM7.  One of the best vocal sounds I've ever heard was an OM7 through the aforementioned Mackie mixer through a pair of (original) Mackie 450s.  No EQ other than the channel strip.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.