ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Electrovoice Phoenix  (Read 22067 times)

Ian Appleby

Re: Electrovoice Phoenix
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 04:04:52 PM »

I've used the PX2181 for live music gigs for the past couple of years.  I think they are great subs if you're looking for sound quality and output.  They aren't going to go super low, but they sound great and get loud with minimal power (compared to some subs).

I have used these subs on and off for a while and haven't had the pleasure of hearing anything better in my area of the country.  They are a great product.

Regards.

I would have to agree they sound great with little power.  But you must run at least two stacked on top of each other. That's when they really start to shine.

Ian
Ian Appleby
Dynacord Cobra 2 / EV Phoenix, ZX3 / A&H QU32

Sheldon Harris

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 03:53:39 AM »

Regardless of the sensitivity difference, the maximum output voltage swing (and hence, power) remains the same.  Voice coils roasting is a matter of long term, applied power and has nothing to do with amplifier input sensitivity.
+1
however, some operators do tend to overdrive amplifiers when they are used at their most sensitive settings.(read, some Djs with everything in the red  ;D)

Giacomo Galassi

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 04:36:37 AM »

+1
however, some operators do tend to overdrive amplifiers when they are used at their most sensitive settings.(read, some Djs with everything in the red  ;D)

Yesterday I had a problem with my PX.
One of the woofers sounded ugly. I've open the cabinet and... surprise!
The glue on one woofer cracked..

By the way, Italian reseller of EV has just send me another woofer on warranty.
Giacomo Galassi

Luke Landis

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 06:46:57 AM »

I've heard Paul Lea's PX stuff. The Subs(at that time) were slightly underpowered, but with 2 per side, they hit very hard, and @ 50-60 feet back, they still pounded my chest hard. Quite impressive long range.

Paul Lea

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 03:35:48 PM »

I have 8 of them powered with four of the lowly Crown XLS5000's, one sub per side of an amp.  We have used them for over 400 shows over the past 3 year of owning them and NEVER had a failure. 

As far as the sound, very musical with decent low end.  However, we did do an outdoor street party here in Fort wayne with Coolio with over 1500+ people cramming the street and they blurred vision at 30-40' back for 2 hours straight.  Once again no failures. Plenty of "throw" to cover nearly 200'.

There have been times I have wanted to get into the mid 30hz/low 40hz but for the little amount of power these take to light them up and the volume they produce, it is tough to justify. I really like them and plan on getting 4 more.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 03:35:48 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 24 queries.