ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: zero trim before mic disconnect  (Read 8232 times)

James Tan

Re: zero trim before mic disconnect
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2005, 02:39:55 PM »

Geri O wrote on Wed, 09 November 2005 00:39

That's great! I've no idea what Bling-Bling is, I guess maybe they will explain it in the responses here that I haven't read yet. I have been meaning to ask the Big and Rich guys if I ever work with them, but we haven't this year, maybe next year.

whenever you need to decipher the latest "speak"...phrase, word, whatever...just go here:

www.urbandictionary.com

Ron Riedel

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2005, 04:01:27 PM »

"the new" Mike Butler wrote on Tue, 15 November 2005 11:13

Well, I am very disappointed that you let this snot-nosed muso touch your board...I hope you at least returned the favor and went and detuned his guitar, y'know, to let off dangerous tension on the strings.  Laughing

I actually had a "guitar technician" in a shop advise me that I should completely loosen all the strings on my guitar every time after I played it to ease tension on the neck. Sheesh!! I wonder if his music store recommended the same thing for pianos! I suppose it would have boosted tuner sales (not to mention repairs on the continually jacked-around guitar neck...)

(Sorry - I know this was off topic, but it just goes to show you how you have to filter the "information" supposedly trained and knowledgeable people feed you.)

Ron

Clayton Luckie

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2005, 05:09:32 PM »

Ron Riedel wrote on Tue, 15 November 2005 15:01

I actually had a "guitar technician" in a shop advise me that I should completely loosen all the strings on my guitar every time after I played it to ease tension on the neck.

Apparently, he hadn't heard of the recent invention of the truss rod.  Wow, what horrible advice!

cl

Jim Duyck

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2005, 06:53:00 PM »

That really is crappy advice - that truss rod without any strings pulling against it is bound and determined to warp your guitar's neck over time.  What a retard.  People like that tick me off. Twisted Evil
~jim~

Geri O'Neil

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2005, 11:48:55 AM »

Jim Duyck wrote on Tue, 15 November 2005 17:53

That really is crappy advice - that truss rod without any strings pulling against it is bound and determined to warp your guitar's neck over time.  What a retard.  People like that tick me off. Twisted Evil

I should let that prick look at the neck on my '67 Jazz bass (my gauges are .050, .070, .090, and .110) and explain why the neck is perfect after all these years.

Geri O  
"Stagelite Sound...A Pin 2 hot-compliant company"

Garth Engwall

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2005, 04:06:18 PM »

Thanks for all the input everyone. We have had a kind but firm discussion with him about division of labor in the worship ministry. It has also been communicated that he, by the way, is just plain wrong in his theory.

I am glad to report that all of the sensible recommendations that have been put forward in relation to this post are SOP for our group.

Incidently, he's a drummer. I haven't worked with him directly but I'm quite certain he would not be open the suggestion that he is setting up his kit wrong.

Mark Smith

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2005, 04:23:44 PM »

Sounds like you have handeled it well.  
As a side note, you should find out what "audio technician school" he goes to..

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2005, 04:23:44 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.