ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Favorite speaker system to mix on in a theatre?

D&B V System
- 17 (60.7%)
L-Acoustics Kara
- 8 (28.6%)
Meyer Leopard
- 3 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: AV Theft and Vandalism  (Read 7401 times)

Brian K Tennyson, CTS-D

• http://www.visitec.com
AV Theft and Vandalism
« on: October 17, 2005, 01:59:49 PM »

Please let us know if you have ever been a victim of theft or vandalism. Share stories about creative Vandals if you like.
You can't get enough, but enough ain't the test.

Brian Kent Tennyson, CTS-D
Visitec
www.visitec.com

Jon Bannan

Re: AV Theft and Vandalism
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 08:44:42 PM »

We at the College have been the victim of numerous projector and flat panel displays.  It was last semester when we received a call from a professor claiming that projector doesn't work and she doesn't understand why it doesn't work and she very comfortable with the equipment.  Blah Blah Blah.  We responded to the room to find the video projector stolen all the cabling cut and just hanging from the ceiling.  Upon more inspection of the building we realized they had taken 10 4000 Lumen XGA projectors that had been recently installed.  The next day Campus Police show up asking if we had a BNC to RCA adapter for a "project" they were working on.  I wonder if that project involved a PS2 or XBox being hooked up to a projector..........   Not that I'm saying anything but....

Jon
Give me more coffee and no one gets hurt

Tom Manchester

• http://www.electrosoundsystems.com
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 11:26:40 PM »

Yes, all to common at my day job. I would estimate we've had around 50 stolen since they have started using them. Let's see, what stories do I have:

The largest Take IIRC was 13 in one night, an entire building wiped out.

We've lost ones that are so high up that to service them you have to stand at the top of a 12 foot ladder, yet the thieves managed to do it with just stuff around the room. and these are sharp xg3500's which are around 30 pounds and big!

2 went missing super bowl weekend...hmmm, wonder what those were used for.

One thief was finally caught, it was coincidental. he was selling stolen bikes on ebay and when they busted him they found one of our projectors.

Those are just a few of the stories I have. My biggest complaint though is that they cut the damn cables and I have to put new ends on every time, and those little crimp on BNC's are a pain in the @%$$^! Evil or Very Mad
-Tom
Electro Sound Systems

Andy Spalla

• http://www.spallasound.com
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 11:05:38 PM »

Well, I haven't had my personal stuff stolen, but school/work is another story.

LEt's see here...

2 Force i monitor drivers
3 Manfretto tripods
Mackie mixer
compressor, AGC, other rack gear.
TV, VCR, AV cart.
and much more!

All in one summer. And we know who did it. But, I'm not going to say any more or else I'll get in trouble.
-Andy Spalla
GM DNR Pro

Tony Grimwood

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 03:28:43 PM »

A venue we recently installed was hit by an opportunist thief a month or so ago. It's a restaurant / bar with several rooms, one of which is a conference room with its own A/V rig - a satellite of the main installation - and the thief's target. The perpetrator struck at closing time, tearing wall-mounted loudspeakers down and removing amplifiers & other gear from the rack. Fortunately, venue security collared the guy when he tried to make his getaway down the back stairs. Quite a bit of damage was done to the room and we had to go in and replace some of the equipment that was damaged beyond repair.

Tony
Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?

Ivan Beaver

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 07:33:45 PM »

We had just finished an install in a church on a fri.  Before they could use the system the first time on Sun, somebody stole all the FOH and amp rack.  They cut the cables and ran.  Luckily they cut the cables close to the ends and we sold them new equipment and put ends on.

I told the saleman that I knew he was despirate for work, but he really should not steal the equipment we just put in-just to get another sale to reinstall it. Laughing  Laughing
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

Justin Warbreck

• http://www.nwcfoursquare.org
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 09:53:31 PM »

3 SM57's
4 SM58's
1 Beta 52
1 drum mic kit
2 EV BK1's
1 Shure wireless handheld with Beta 87A capsule

Sometime last sunday or monday. From my church. That's just this week.

blow inch

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2005, 05:36:05 AM »

wow that really sucks... those jerks.

StJohn Gill II

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 08:07:26 AM »

I work at a church on the lovely mornignton peninsula, Victoria, Australia. A couple of years ago we (the area, not my church in particular) had a spate of theft where the thieves would rock up after church, walk on to the stage while the techs were catching up with the congregation, just grab the mics and leave. they did this at about 12 churches, i think, and were never caught -  guess they just stopped because after it had happened 12 times every church in victoria had heard about it. A church near us lost 15 mics and 4 DIs... never happened at our church thank God

Phil LaDue

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2006, 04:33:09 PM »

Andy Spalla wrote on Tue, 18 October 2005 23:05

2 Force i monitor drivers

Andy, they only took the drivers, not the whole cabinet?
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.