ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help decide which lighting truss..  (Read 2423 times)

Jeff Ditton

help decide which lighting truss..
« on: October 15, 2005, 06:04:08 PM »

I'm long overdue for a new light stand/truss. I have the cheap typical 10 ft. I beam on cheap stands for $119. I'm looking at either the global arch truss system for $779 or the American DJ Duratruss system for $349. Obviously the first one is better but my only concern is not having adjustable height. Does anyone use either of these? I want something strong, easy to set up and affordable..Thanks for any help..

Mike Pyle

Re: help decide which lighting truss..
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 07:04:02 PM »

This probably will be moved to the lighting forum, and you need to post using your real name.

Since this IS a sound forum, I'll presume that you intend to hang sound gear from that truss and not just lights. If that is the case you definitely need something that can be cranked up and down, and it needs to be rated for the weight you plan to hang from it. The duratruss doesn't qualify. The Global truss is rated, and can be used either with their own crank stands or with others like the Applied stands I used for this setup:

http://audiopyle.com/ps-stage2.jpg

http://audiopyle.com/ps-stage1.jpg

I think I would avoid any of the "arch" type constructions unless you really just want it for a little decoration, for the reasons you stated.

If you have other questions about the Global products or packages feel free to contact me privately.
Mike Pyle
Audiopyle Sound
707-315-6204
Dealer: Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, KV2, FBT, EAW, Danley, SLS, Turbosound, dBTech
 APB,A&H,Audix,Shure,Powersoft,RoadReady,K&M,Ultimate ,Global Truss,DENON,Chauvet,Elation...

Jeff Ditton

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 06:38:23 PM »

Woops, I'm sorry, I should have posted this in the lighting forum...Anyway, those pics are impressive but way to much for my needs. I'm a mobile dj and only plan on hanging lights.

Adam Ellsworth

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 06:28:51 PM »

I have the Global Truss tri-truss and like it. I have three 8' sections, usually use one or two for DJ'ing. (And no screws to fall out in transit like my I-beams always did) My truss and crank stands are rated for my speaker weight, but I still haven't had the right opportunity to do so. The arch might look cool in just the right setup, but I think you'll find more flexibility with the sticks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.