ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nexo GEOsoft v.1 where are you?  (Read 3941 times)

Casey McDaniel

Nexo GEOsoft v.1 where are you?
« on: October 20, 2005, 03:52:51 AM »

Does anyone know where I can find the Nexo's GEOsoft v.1. to download? I'm logged onto Nexo's site and can only find a patch to update to v.2 and a user manuel for v.1. I am about to take out a nexo geo s system and would like to track this down. thank you...

Chris Hinds

Re: Nexo GEOsoft v.1 where are you?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 04:44:26 AM »

What's wrong with GeoSoft 2?  It supports GeoS and GeoT and can be downloaded from Nexo.  Admittedly their website takes a bit of a hunt to find it but it is there.  Sign in, go to the Live Event Loung, R&D, then Hard/Software and it's the bottom entry on the first page.  Full version of GeoSoft 2.  Seems to work ok playing about with it....

Regards

Chris

Casey McDaniel

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 05:13:31 AM »

i guess my new issue would be how can i get a ".exe." file to execute on a mac? or better yet is this software even mac capatible. thanks...

Chris Hinds

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 06:27:55 AM »

Ahhh no it is not Mac compatible.  The only way to run an EXE on OS.X is to use Virtual PC and a copy of Windows.  It's not quick but it's the only way round the problem.  This is why in addition to my Mac I now also have an old laptop to do this kind of little thing.  Chugs a bit but it's enough to calculate arrays and do simple stuff like DSP control.

Regards

Chris

Riley Casey

• http://www.ESPsound.com
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 09:47:51 AM »

I just downloaded a copy of the GeoSoft program to my 1.67 Mhz Powerbook and it does run in Virtual PC fairly well.  The slowest part is the venue space screen redraws but it is certainly usable. Not much worse than the JBL vertec Excel spreadsheet runs in VPC.   It's hard to say if $250 for Virtual PC is a better investment than a used Windows laptop but it's certainly lighter.  There are always copies of VPC on Ebay for cheap.

The Nexo website does seem to be one of the more poorly designed sites I've ever had to navigate.  Perhaps if I could think in French it's organization might make more sense.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 09:47:51 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.