ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: need more low end....don't know if i should go meyer or jbl.  (Read 14695 times)

Ivan Beaver

Re: need more info....
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2005, 08:06:37 PM »

I believe it was at max power of the internal amp.  I took this from part of an article on sub development.  I believe that these are "real" measurements, before they started really stretching the specs.  If you take the actual continous power of the amp (120watts ea-240 total) and back down the power to 1 watt (23.8dB), you are just over 100dB @1watt.  This might be close to a real spec.  The 130dB peak would be for the burst power of the amp.
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

Miguel Castro Rios

Re: need more low end....don't know if i should go meyer or jbl.
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2005, 08:41:58 PM »

i have 12 sl-36. and i wanna replace them...but i don't know what to buy.....i'm looking for a really really low end ... like 31 or 32 hz.. som' that will replace those 12 sl-36... som' that will do for 2000 ppl or idk som' loud...but clean 2

Miguel Castro Rios

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2005, 09:13:57 PM »

ok.. well.. it is going to be used for mexican music....and w/ this type of music... i need a lot of low end.. that's why i have 12 sl'36 .. but i wanna replace them....i only have 'bout $10,000 or so...i mean it depends if i need 12,000 i can get them shortly but if i only need 8000... then you know i would need to see what works better.. but that's my budget.. around 9 or 10...........and my top boxes are the jbl srx series... i have 3 per side.. ummmm.... each box has 2 12" a horn and another very small and delicate horn...(sr4732x) they don't make them anymore..........each box is 1200 watts rms .. but i won't do any changes right now... i mean.... ok.. here is the deal...............i'm going to replace 12 sl-36 cerwinvegas earthquake and 6 jbl srx series sr4732x... the entire system is good enough for 3000 ppl.. but for mexican music it is only good enough for 1000 ppl... kno what i mean.. this ppl just want it to be loud!!....umm.. so my idea was to replace the subs with the meyer 700hp (one per side) and stay w/ the jbl for now.... then try to replace the top boxes w/ meyer.. even if i only have one meyer box per side for the moment(700 hp)... i was thinking i could work with one meyer box per side for now (700hp)and later on replace the 3 top boxes(total of 6) w/ meyer (i don't kno wich model tho, i just hear that meyer is the right brand) so i would have a total of 2 700hp meyer and 6 jbl sr4732x.............my question is.... will only one meyer 700hp will do?... is it really that powerful?...or what should i look for...?....i honestly doubt that 2 meyer boxes will replace 12 cv.........but if later on i can get another 2 meyer boxes, then 4 meyer will do 10,000 ppl anywhere.. kno what i mean....i mean that's what i hear... i heard that 4 meyer..( 2 700hp per side) will do for 10,000..., wich means that it will do for 5,000 of my ppl.... u kno.. i just wanna make sure that the meyer will bring me that low end that i'm looking for.

Ivan Beaver

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2005, 09:31:11 PM »

I REALLY think you are overrating the Meyer capabilities.  I would try to rent some first before I bought them, to see if they would do the job.  It may seem as if that is wasted money, but would not be if you find out they won't work for you.

There is no way 4 700's (or any other double 18" front loaded)would do 10,000 people  for any type of music (espically Mexican) except for light music.
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

Miguel Castro Rios

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2005, 10:31:14 PM »

yea. i thought so 2....the meyer are too expensive.. i don't really trust jbl in subs..i'm gonna wait for now and just look around... for the price and sound quality, the cv are the best i've seen(heard), but they take up too much space. and weight too much... then i think that the investment would be in getting a bigger truck. lol....

peter.golde

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2005, 12:22:32 AM »

Or t30s? I see that you're taking yours to Waynes shootout. That mean they're keepers?

I finished one, cut the second, but might not have time to make it to Wayne's shootout. Unfortunately it falls on the same week I am moving into my new house, a fixer upper. Yea I am busy. I do want to get them measured though, I hope to get some measurements with Praxis when I find the time. I used the CIARE 12.00 SW 4 ohm version. Its a little less sensitive that the Emeninence Magnum, traded for better LF response, I hope. I listened to one, it sounded nice, but I built the Slim version, so two are required to meet the design LF specs.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer" - Frank Zappa

Antone Atmarama Bajor

• http://www.geocities.com/somesoundgreat
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2005, 01:09:00 AM »

How about 12Lab subs to replace the 12 CVs

Miguel Castro Rios

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2005, 01:14:57 AM »

'cuz my truck is not that big.. if i could get more boxes i would just get more of the sl36.

Joe Jones

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2005, 10:33:54 AM »

I duuno but maybe the SPLs you gave up with the Ciare sensitivity you got back with the lower impedance?

Miguel, sorry to hijack your thread. If you want real low end power forget about anything that isn't horn loaded and big. If you can afford them get EAWs, if you can't build Labs or Tubas. And forget about watts, all they're good for is advertising copy, sound levels are measured in decibels and thats what you need to compare, that and hertz. CVs aren't hitting on much, even their hornloaded subs are pretty mediocre.  

Miguel Castro Rios

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2005, 12:44:01 PM »

thanks for the reply... mmmm.. well considering the eaw... i went to their web site... and just like any other company, they have tons of products. umm..... wich one is the most popular?..you know kind'a like jbl... if you have a small nite club then you go for the cheap jbl .. but if you want som' a lil bigger then srx series.. or for som' really big then just go for vertec..  you kno.... i'm starting you like the eaw.... but i'm not really sure what to look for...hehe...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.