ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you have a favorite plate amp?  (Read 2608 times)

(Brian) Frost

Do you have a favorite plate amp?
« on: September 28, 2005, 06:02:09 PM »

I have some passive martin subs that I would like to make active.  Does anyone have a favorite 500w  mono plate amp that I can install into these subs.  Ideally it would have XLR inputs as well as low pass.

Thanks
Frost
Frost

Owner, Narnia Productions

www.NarniaProductions.com

Chicago IL

Good is good but not as good as better

Simon Coffin

Speakerpower
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 05:20:39 AM »

Take a look at www.SpeakerPower.net.

I have just ordered two of them for a coax wedge project.  Can't say anything about the build or sound quality yet, but the specs look good.  They use a programable DSP that you could use for low and high pass filters, any eq required and limiting.

ciao
Simon

Ivan Beaver

Re: Speakerpower
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 07:05:21 AM »

Simon Coffin wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 05:20

Take a look at www.SpeakerPower.net.

I have just ordered two of them for a coax wedge project.  Can't say anything about the build or sound quality yet, but the specs look good.  They use a programable DSP that you could use for low and high pass filters, any eq required and limiting.

ciao
Simon

I have only used a couple of them.  They do meet rated spec with continous sine wave input-not burst power spec as some other manufacturers.

The DSP is VERY different than any other in existance (that I know of)  You can do whatever you want, BUT you have to stand on your head-scratch the bottom of your foot-stick your tounge out and recite the alphabet backwards to get around on it.  It is not intuitive at all.  But that keeps the riff raff out of it.  It is also not real time which is a pain.

I have been happy so far.  They have mono-2 and 3 channel units.

The output are already bridged-so you have to be careful with the wiring and don't let any outputs touch each other or the chassis.  XLR in and out and powercon in and out also for daisychaining.  There are 2 programs available on the DSP units with a switch.
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 16 queries.