ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Church Forum fubar  (Read 4273 times)

Andy Peters

• http://www.latke.net/
Church Forum fubar
« on: September 26, 2005, 01:24:09 AM »

Whoops -- a new graphic, perhaps a new style sheet, and BAM!  It's busticated (at least on Mozilla).

-a
"This isn't some upside down inverted Socratic method where you throw out your best guess answers and I correct your work." -- JR

"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Re: Church Forum fubar
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 09:48:20 AM »

Also on Safari. I don't know when it started, I was out of contact all weekend, but it was sure there at 9pm Sunday night.

Mac

Ernie Black

• SR Forums
    • http://www.standingstone.com
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 12:33:27 PM »

Sorry about that, guys. I can't quite figure out why it happened as the only change was the graphic, so that shouldn't have changed the layout, and it didn't affect the layout in IE. That'll learn me not to do cross-browser and cross-platform testing (which I would have done had there been any stylesheet or coding changes other than an image swap). Somehow the floated image broke the layout in Mozilla (though the previously floated image did not!), so I recoded it with ye olde table layout option (which CSS is supposed to eliminate the need for, lol), and voila, it appears to be working in both IE and Mozilla (Firefox) on Windows XP. I will check it on my Mac asap. Let me know if it persists in Safari or any other browser.
Ernie Black, Code Warrior
ProSoundWeb Forums Webmaster

Thomas Harkin

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 05:09:52 PM »

Ernie,

Thank you!

Thomas
"...noise wars, my ears in the morning not emptied."

"...it's analogous to what we call digital."  Bink

David Henry

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 12:18:48 PM »

Ernie --> As a fellow web coder I advise you try out www.browsershots.org.  It's a free service(which looks alot like Google...) which I found out about in Macworld magazine.  You submit a url and within a few minutes-a day it makes screenshots in all the major browsers and more(depending on what you select) and is a easy way to test your pages in all the browsers.  Just my $.02.

David

Dave Stevens

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 12:34:49 AM »

When one is working on troubleshooting something like that it's not like they can wait a few hours or a day to see the result.  I just put a site in the queue and the lowest time is 24 minutes, with most being 24 hours.  Plus it doesn't test for client side application issues.  There is no substitute for testing in real time with a multitude of browsers.

Dave
======================================
Revenge of the Chick Car...
A Barking Dog Goes Road Racing in 2011
http://www.roaddog.com/racing/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.