ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DMX Address Question  (Read 862 times)

Mark Coleman

DMX Address Question
« on: September 23, 2005, 09:07:28 am »

Hi,

My band's stage lighting consists of 3 DMX T-bars on tripods & a DMX controller, some PARs and some cheap effects lights.

Forgive the pic, but you might be able to get the gist of what I mean.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Joey_Jo_Jo/StageLights1.jpg

What I need to know (for now  Rolling Eyes ) is . . .

We have 3 PAR56 (with medium spread lamps) on each side, and 2 PAR65 (with NSP lamps) on the floor in front of the singer, aimed up at the singer.

The colour filters of the PARS are symmetrical accross the stage - the two on the floor for the singer are red, the side ones are (front to back) green, purple, orange. We want to set it up so that both reds come on together, both greens come on together, etc.

Do we do this by setting the address for both of say, the greens, the same? Then the controller will tell address, say 2, to come on and both greens will come on together?

Or should we set all the addresses differently and program the controller to light up the two seprate addresses at the same time?

Jeez...

Thanks,

Mark  
Learning All The Time

Michael E.

Re: DMX Address Question
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 10:06:10 am »

Either method you describe will work.

If you address them the same, they will ALWAYS come on together. If you don't always want the floor lights to come on with the others, you should address them different and just program the controller to turn own both when you want them.
I'd rather be sailing
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 20 queries.