ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 110v Color changers  (Read 1760 times)

Adam Feldstain

• http://www.pro-opticlighting.com
110v Color changers
« on: September 22, 2005, 04:21:02 PM »

I am curantly on the market for some color changers. I have looked at WyBron, Apollo & the Chroma-Q.

My company needs a unit with an adjustable bracket like the SmartColor 7.25 so it could easily be mounted to a S4 Par, Leko, or par64. It also needs to be quiet. (all three meet that standard) As well we would like it to be 110v not 24v or come with an optional converter so we can power it with local power instead of investing in new cables and power distribution.

The CXI has CMY color mixing (big plus) Does anyone know of a unit that has all of the above:

- 110v or wall wart style converter.
- Silent
- Adjustable mounting bracket
- CMY
- DMX

The Apollo SmartColor 7.25 meets all my requirements with the exception of the CMY. Any help on other brands/models or general experience would be greatly appreciated.
Adam Feldstain
Pro-Optic Lighting
djallf AT djallf DOT com

Michael E.

Re: 110v Color changers
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 04:42:53 PM »

When you say 120v, do you mean 120v actual scrollers - IE no power supply needed? Are you trying to go without buying scroller cable?

We've got eight of the Chroma-Qs. The Chroma-Qs have a fixed bracket, but we picked up all three styles of frames (Par64, Par56/S4Par, and S4Lekos) for them for not much more. They are a good value for the money, we use them on a ton of installs. The Wybrons are better units (we use their 8-liter ones), but cost quite a bit more too. We just don't use them (I don't like scrollers in general) and we've gotten to using Mac600/2K washes for everything now.

Both of the ones above need the special 4-pin scroller cable to their power supplies, which I think is easier than what you are describing doing.
I'd rather be sailing

Adam Feldstain

• http://www.pro-opticlighting.com
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 05:21:12 PM »

The unit does not need to be 110v just a local power supply like a transformer where we can use a local power outlet instead of 4 pin data/power cables & distro.

I agree about the moving heads but the application we need them for does not allow the space or budget. It’s hard to fit even a 150w head inside a 16x16 truss.

As I do my research the SmartColor 7.25 is looking more and more attractive.
Adam Feldstain
Pro-Optic Lighting
djallf AT djallf DOT com

Tom Delay

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 05:48:13 PM »

Quote:

When you say 120v, do you mean 120v actual scrollers

He's in canada.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.