ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hanging a Projector and Screen?  (Read 2788 times)

jeremy

Hanging a Projector and Screen?
« on: August 31, 2004, 12:16:40 AM »

Hello all,
I'm not sure where to post this at so I thought I would start here.  Anyway, I am the technical director for a 500 memeber youth ministry in Ohio.  We would like to hang out projector and projector screen from the ceiling.  Anyone know a way to do this, the projector is a very nice profesional one, costed about $10,000 at least 4 years ago.  Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Bob Currier

Re: Hanging a Projector and Screen?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 05:17:02 PM »

Jeremy,

This probably isn't the right forum, exactly, since this is focused more on sound stuff.  I'll leave that up to the moderator.  But, a lot of us probably have experience with staging, etc. since we tend to be jack-of-all-trades and could give you some tips.

You really didn't provide enough information about the situation but here are some generic tips.  Number one: hire a professional contractor to install your projector and screen.  The installation of the projector is especially important since it is 1) very expensive and 2) hanging over the people's heads.  Various companies make special brackets or mounts just for attaching the projector and the screen to different ceiling or wall surfaces.  Tip two: Don't forget that you have to get power and video signals to the projector.  That probably includes additional wiring.  Tip three: It's not easy to use the remote control on a projector mounted in the ceiling.  Think through how you're going to control it for switching between video modes or even just blanking it.

I hope those help some.  Go Buckeyes.

--bc

jeremy

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 06:08:12 PM »

Thanks for the reply.  I didnt think this all the way through before posting.  We've already figured out how we're gonna control it...we've alreday ran out power and video lines.  And I didnt know that we were givin a projector from the main sanctuary(they just bout 2 $25,000 projectors) that already has mounts and everything.  But yes, we found contractor today who will rig it for us.  Thanks for the info.

Kevin Maxwell AKA TheMAXX

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 07:33:24 PM »

I find it best if the projector is mounted so that when you play a video (DVD or tape into the video in) you don’t have to do any kind of digital correction to completely and squarely fill the screen.  

PM me if you still have questions.
Kevin Maxwell
Freelance Audio Eng. QBE

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 07:33:24 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 23 queries.