ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: DANLEY Sound Labs TH-115?  (Read 69679 times)

Freddy Ireson

Re: DANLEY Sound Labs TH-115?
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2006, 09:39:04 PM »

Hi Phil - here's Carl's note from K-forum

Re: trying to build new K's - can it be done? klam question
Author: Carl
Date:   01-07-06 03:24

Sealed Clam: System Q target for .7 , size back volume accordingly. High Qts drivers can compromise the design. Remember, if an optimum sized sealed box , systen Q = .7, is made bigger, f3 raises. Remember, the
addition of the K-Coupler raises the Q, lowers fs. You can test the speaker in air, and with the coupler in place to measure these effects. Then finalize the back volume for a system Q of .7 for the lowest f3. Add a Leach transform set to get the low cutoff you want. Without the transform, we were able to get a good dynamic response 60hz. We found coupler lengths as short as 26 inches and back volumes 1 to 1.75 cu ft to work well. The taper we liked best for the 12 was a Trax recommended by Ken. The length affects f3 more than the width. However, the projection pattern changes also with length so for home use shorter lengths might be more practical.

Craig Leerman

• http://www.techworksvegas.com
Name
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2006, 11:36:30 PM »

You need to have both first and last name in your handle to post here.  Please go to your profile and change the "alias" box to include both first and last name.

Thanks,
Craig Leerman
Forum Moderator
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.