ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: DANLEY Sound Labs TH-115?  (Read 69580 times)

Antone Atmarama Bajor

• http://www.geocities.com/somesoundgreat
Re: DANLEY Sound Labs TH-115?
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2005, 01:59:42 PM »

And those filter group delays are always negative.  Never positive.  Unless you live in some alternate dimension or you pre-delay everything and digitally treat it.  But then everything is later.

Sum-

Johan Rademakers

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2005, 02:10:10 PM »

And the higher the rolloff, the higher the groupdelay.

Wkr Johan

Marcel Groen

• http://not yet
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2005, 03:04:30 PM »

Hello,

The clues that Tom gave us about the tapped horn are very usefull. I never looked it that way. From the post`s that Tom and Mark placed in the past about, aspecial the one`s of the unity horns, i learned a lot about phase/time issues, still i have questions about this most important subject. The textbooks i have don`t give me the answers so maybe you guys could fill in.

Correct me if i'am wrong.
I am totally confinced that a speaker can only produces the exact same waveshape as the signal you supply it if you have absolute zero phase and a flat amplitude respons. Other words; the position of the speaker is exactly the same as the "point" is in the signal, so no delay.

The time delay between the supplied signal and the time that you "catched" the sound with your mic consist of three things:
- Time of flight (no frequency depending)
- Group delay (frequency depending and can be calculated out
              the equivalent circuit)
- The internal delay of the speaker itself.

This last delay is my biggest problem when i am trying to design the "perfect" speaker. I think this delay is the difference in measuring a speaker with a TEF machine (conform TDS) and most of the other programms that don`t measuring the absolute acoustic phase. Is this delay frequency depending or is it a constant delay? And what can a speaker tell us about it if we looking to his parameters or it construction?

Most of the diy-ers can`t afford it to buy something like the TEF machine, but what can be done to make the ideal speaker? And how far must be go, if we talking about the perfect speaker. For example; must the phase delay of a mic. also be counted in when measuring a speaker?
Ps.: with the ideal speaker i mean it`s going to act like the way you wanted to act.

Well i have to go.

Cheers,
Marcel

brian frost

• http://www.fsound.net
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2005, 01:04:47 AM »

...just bought 4 th115s on reccomendation of my good friend chris van duker of ruckuslab.com

first show w/ them is october 15th, will post pictures, comments after Wink
Brian Frost
+ I.A.T.S.E. LOCAL 16, SAN FRANCISCO
+ FSOUND PRO AUDIO & STAFFING
MARKETING DIRECTOR / RENTALS / HEAD ENG.
email: frost@fSOUND.net
aim: FSOUNDSF
web: www.FSOUND.net
mbl / rentals : 415.690.0578

[x]

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2005, 02:59:49 AM »

Where do you get them from? I have never seen them anywhere for sale on a good site like http://www.NorthernSound.com that deals in the really good stuff.

In your description of the Electro Voice mains that you have, those drivers are not "sub" drivers but 'woofers' or 'midbass'. Also, when you add the Danley horn subs, make sure to mention that they are Danley TH-115 Tapped Bass Horn Subwoofers.
I've said and written things in the past that I wouldn't throw away in my own trash can for fear that you'd find them. My name is mud.

Ivan Beaver

« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2005, 09:09:03 PM »

[quote title=Rory Buszka wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 02:59]Where do you get them from? I have never seen them anywhere for sale--- quote]

He got them directly from Danley Sound labs.  Just as anybody can.
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

brian frost

• http://www.fsound.net
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2005, 02:00:51 AM »

yah, ordered directly from danleysoundlabs.com. tho im worried about them making it to sf in time for my oct15th gig , ugh.

good lookin on the woofer/sub description. site needs to be updated like MAD! haven't done so since summer... soooo many changes since then.

anyway, i bookmarked this forum, so you might see me posting more.

regards,
brian
Brian Frost
+ I.A.T.S.E. LOCAL 16, SAN FRANCISCO
+ FSOUND PRO AUDIO & STAFFING
MARKETING DIRECTOR / RENTALS / HEAD ENG.
email: frost@fSOUND.net
aim: FSOUNDSF
web: www.FSOUND.net
mbl / rentals : 415.690.0578

Mike Hedden

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2005, 01:03:39 PM »

We at Danley Sound Labs are developing a new website which will reflect the world beating products we are producing.  That being said the existing site has been updated multiple times even within the last month. Examples being, SH-50 with measured data, the TH-Vortex with measured data, and all new product pictures on the downloadable .pdf's.  
As to the question of where to buy, let me make it clear Danley Sound Labs is developing a dealer network which will eventually handle all sales. Being a new company our distribution is not highly developed and sales inquiries are handled in house.  Please understand though that if you are an end user Danley will sell to you only at Pro User Net.  

Gareth James

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2005, 11:17:07 AM »

Been thinking about this tapped horn malarky...

Tom said that the high Q loading a port stops it from working properly in this instance and I read on a couple of sites about this karlson slot loading stuff affecting a wider bandwidth by varying its loading over frequency.

Its something to do with a exponential or hypex curve cut out of a baffle in front of a driver with a ported chamber and slots and other stuff... basically im not sure how that all comes together as its very hard to find any decent info explaining it.

It seems pretty easy to simulate an "ideal" horn in mcbean, but that assumes that both entry points are receiving the same signal. Which got me thinking, would 2 drivers, each loaded at the 2 separate points have the same effect or any gains?

Or would that just defeat the object of extra efficiency from a single driver... im confused again

Phil Pope

• http://www.apacheacoustics.co.uk
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2005, 08:38:10 AM »

have you found this page

http://home.planet.nl/~ulfman/artic.htm

My first thought about the K coupler is that the principle could be applied to an undersized horn mouth to reduce ripple caused by reflections.  Fairly sure this is not what is happening in the tapped horn designs though as it would be visible.  Do you think it might be possible that the horn throat is shaped to give frequency dependant loading?

I think the tapped horn uses Helmholtz cavities on the throat chamber or down the length of the horn to smooth out the peaks that would otherwise result from an undersized horn mouth.  Not sure how to model this so I might try drilling some holes in one of my Labhorns and attach some cavities to the outside to see what it does to the response.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.