ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need lighting help  (Read 1343 times)

Eddy Houk

Need lighting help
« on: August 20, 2005, 10:41:31 PM »

Ok, I am a sound guy doing lights for a labor day camp for my church. It is outside in a shelter house I have 2 Elation Active scan 250 with a Martin freekie controller, 8 par 56, 8 par 38, and 16 par 64. It is a low ceiling and not much heighth on stage. Screen in the middle. What would you do?

Eddy

Tom Delay

Re: Need lighting help
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 01:59:59 AM »

what's the wattage in the lamps you're using? If they're around 300, i'd get rid of the 38's, as in a small space, I don't think they'll be that usefull (not enough spread). If it's quite small, you can probably go down to like 10-12 64's. I would throw some interesting colors in them (purples and greens and stuff) and create an interesting static wash, then I'd use the 56's with a neutral color like a very very light pink or blue and position them to hit the musicians or performers or whoever. Whatever's left over, like a few 16's, I'd use as back light, you probably only need 4. If the ceiling are quite low, make certain you're using wide beam lamps and they're rotated so as to be shooting horizontal. best of luck
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 17 queries.